5E Character Create Playlist
Page 74 of 105 First ... 2464727374757684 ... Last
    I am also getting the following script error:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:430: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

I have tried removing everything from the CT and re-adding them and still the same result. When I remove the Combat Enhancer extension I dont have the issue anymore. I have also verified that I have the latest updatedc version and that the combat enhancer folder is copied into the host folder

The rogue has a custom created + added cross bow, I will get him (he's my husband xD) to check that everything is still set and see if removing everything and re-adding helps. Lots of replies here for me to go over too--will test it. Thank you!

I've downloaded and feel I've installed correctly. When I load my campaign though and try to load the extension it has a big red X where I would choose.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog2081 View Post
    I've downloaded and feel I've installed correctly. When I load my campaign though and try to load the extension it has a big red X where I would choose.
    You need to download and also select the token helper extension as well. The x says you are missing that. Alternatively you have not downloaded the most recent version.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you. I forgot to put the helper extension in folder. Thanks for quick response

Quote Originally Posted by Malkinere View Post
    I am also getting the following script error:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/ranged_attacks.lua"]:430: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
    See this post on the previous page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post455919
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic version 1.5.8 released.

v1.5.8 (October 14th, 2019) (updated)
    * Disabled FG version checking. [extension.xml: <script name="VersionCheck" file="scripts/manager_versionchk.lua" /> ]

With the upcoming FG 3.3.9 currently in beta, I decided to get ahead of FG version checking errors for v3.3.9 and going forward. Therefore I decided to roll out a new version of Combat Enhancer Classic with the FG version checking disabled.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; October 15th, 2019 at 01:22.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Hi Guys.. Loving the extension and a big thanks to all involved!

One thing I am trying to get my head around.. When I am using a purchased module, I have to redo/place all the pins on the top layer of the map? Currently, the pins seem to be placed on the bottom layer as standard. The players cannot access their tokens on that layer, and the encounters are added on a different layer to the PCs? Hence I am having to delete every pin and redo the encounter on the 'player' level. Am I missing something fundamental here?

When the extension isn't loaded, the encounters are placed on the player level?

Once again, fantastic extension and the players loved it!

Mart
    Last edited by Martin153; October 16th, 2019 at 10:51.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Quote Originally Posted by Martin153 View Post
    One thing I am trying to get my head around.. When I am using a purchased module, I have to redo/place all the pins on the top layer of the map? Currently, the pins seem to be placed on the bottom layer as standard. The players cannot access their tokens on that layer, and the encounters are added on a different layer to the PCs? Hence I am having to delete every pin and redo the encounter on the 'player' level. Am I missing something fundamental here?

When the extension isn't loaded, the encounters are placed on the player level?
    Without this extension there is only one "level". This extension uses the layers functionality from the Enhanced Images extension. Published modules don't know about this and so the pins are on the bottom layer. As the GM, just switch to that layer to access your pins (links) - use the "Toggle between the top and bottom layer" button in the image toolbar.

See the first 2 posts here for more info on how to use the layers, and the gotchas: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-CoreRPG%2529

If the extension is running correctly it should put the NPC tokens from the encounter on the top layer (play layers) when you deploy the encounter to the combat tracker. I've just tested this and it's working correctly - clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the encounter window deploys the monsters to the combat tracker and, if they have pre-placement, the tokens to the top (play) layers. How are you deploying the encounter?
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 16th, 2019 at 14:59.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Without this extension there is only one "level". This extension uses the layers functionality from the Enhanced Images extension. Published modules don't know about this and so the pins are on the bottom layer. As the GM, just switch to that layer to access your pins (links) - use the "Toggle between the top and bottom layer" button in the image toolbar.

See the first 2 posts here for more info on how to use the layers, and the gotchas: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-CoreRPG%2529

If the extension is running correctly it should put the NPC tokens from the encounter on the top layer (play layers) when you deploy the encounter to the combat tracker. I've just tested this and it's working correctly - clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the encounter window deploys the monsters to the combat tracker and, if they have pre-placement, the tokens to the top (play) layers. How are you deploying the encounter?
    I must have something set wrong. I am deploying the encounter from the arrow in the 'encounter window' but nothing is being deployed to the map on any level. If I recreate the encounter manually and place the NPC tokens on the top (player) layer it works fine...

Mart
    Last edited by Martin153; October 16th, 2019 at 18:22.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Games - Savage Worlds, 5e, Traveller, RMC (MERP)
    Lover of old school RPG: Traveller, MERP, RMC, Cthuthu

Thread Information