5E Character Create Playlist
Page 68 of 105 First ... 1858666768697078 ... Last
    Once you update you will...
    I'm getting them as well. Version switch.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    Once you update you will...
    I'm getting them as well. Version switch.
    Nope. Updated just fine. No errors.

Suspect you have something stuck and not updated, then. I can tell you the version change if it would help you.

But it doesn't matter - it's clearly related to the patch, as it tells he and I the same thing.versionInfo.jpg
    Last edited by JLBatman; August 7th, 2019 at 04:13.

I received a script error too after updating and when launching a campaign with the Combat Enhancer active.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_versionchk.lua"]:25: VERSION :3.3.8 is not supported for 5e Combat Enhancer 1.5.6, it is only supported for 3.3.7 use at your own risk!

It still loads and still seems to work, more of an FYI I guess.

Thanks
    Don

I'm getting the same error as Axoid on my loading of the 5E campaign (Curse of Strahd) after the update. It did seem to work fine as best I can tell during our session last night but the message continues to appear.

New version of FG rolled out ladies and gents, version checking updated.

5e Combat Enhancer v1.5.7 Released
    * Updated version checking to check for FG v3.3.8 instead of previous v3.3.7. [scripts/manager_versionchk.lua]
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Interesting. I only got the script error after the second loading of a campaign. The very first time, no script error.

EDIT: OK new version now working.
    Last edited by spoonhead; August 7th, 2019 at 23:41.

I'm still getting black backgrounds for my maps, even when I create a new map. I've tried it with the new update and with all other extensions except token helper disabled. Can anyone help or do I have to delete my campaign data? It seems to work fine on other campaigns.

@Booker Grimm
    Sounds like there is an issue with the campaign data, memory or the map being to big.

Try starting the campaign and only loading a small map or image to start with. If that works it's most likely your map that's to big or has issues with it's format etc.
    Note that if an error like you describe happens once it's likely to keep happening with all images after during that session of the server. So you can't open the faulting image then test smaller ones after.

If it turns out the map is to big, you could use something like photoshop or similar to save it in lower quality or make it smaller.

That aside it sounds like an issue with the campaign so besides the above, not sure how much could be done.

If you'd like me to look at it further please file a bug report.

Bug Report

Is your FG software up to date?

Do you have the latest version of both extensions installed?
    (You can see the most up to date version numbers in the first post on page 1, the version numbers are printed in FG on start in the chat.)

How much memory is Fantasy Grounds using while the error occurs? (You can check this in the Task Manager if you're using Windows)

Please post the console error printout here:
    (This is the error log window text. It can be opened by typing '/console' in the FG text window if it didn't open by itself. Also if there are no output errors, state that here.)

If you create a new (clean) campaign, does the error still occur, with ONLY the 5E Combat Enhancer and Token Helper extensions enabled?

Can you recreate the error consistently?

What are the precise steps to recreating the error?

Does this always happen?

Does this only happen when using a specific module, map, NPC, PC, weapon, etc.?
    (The more in depth information on which these are the better.)

Do you have a screenshot you could share?

Any further information that could help to replicate and trace the error?
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Bug Report

1. FG version 3.3.8 Ultimate
    2. 5e Combat Enhancer 1.5.7
    Token Helper 1.1.8
    3. Memory Used 28% 871 MB
    4. No output errors
    5. Error does not occur with a new campaign
    6. I can recreate the error consistently with only Combat Enhancer and token helper enabled.
    7. Recreate error - select Images and Maps. Right Click. Select create item. (New map has completely black background.
    8. Always happens in my current campaign.
    9. Always happens no matter what module is loaded or unloaded. Does not happen in new campaigns.
    black map.jpg

Thread Information