FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 61 of 105 First ... 1151596061626371 ... Last
    I'm not sure if he is saying it is gone or not. I realize there is the center map feature - I just never use it as it confused my players to have their map jerk around all while simultaneously not actually showing them what I was trying to show them. And when you spam it 4 or 5 times, it doesn't make it easier to understand what is going on.

I.e. You notice rocks "here, here, here and here" and you can do it in literally less than a second and a half with the ping. Jerking the map around does not give that sense to the players at all. It just helps you focus on a single larger area.

Anyway, I don't see the ping icon appearing any more in the latest, but again - maybe something is wrong with my setup now? I don't know if the ability to use it is actually gone or not, though. If it is, I've got to go back to the last version in which that feature was still present. Nothing else really matters compared to that.

I always draw a line when pointing something out on the map, so never used the icon, so wouldn't even have noticed if it was accidentally disabled with some code changes. Thought you meant the moving players to location feature.
    I can dig through the code at some point to look to see, but all these things take time and don't happen by themselves.
    Until then if that is the only feature that you really use, I'd suggest using an earlier version until then.

Another option could be for you to look at the code and create an extension that does just that alone. The code is GPL and will remain so, so that would be fine.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; July 6th, 2019 at 19:48.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

OK, that helps - so it got lost in the mix somewhere along the way. It happens.

Bad thing is - the problem is present all over the last couple/three months of updates, or so it seems. I've not done very combination in the last 3 months of combat enhancer + token helper. I found one combination that gave the icon back, but it was the size of a truck, so that won't work. i do know it was working in January, but now I can't go back to that because I just grabbed the last things and overwrote what I had.

There a way to get older than the 3 months?

New releases!

Combat Enhancer v1.5.6 released.
    v1.5.6 (July 6th, 2019) (patch)
    * Shift + Left-Mouse Click on image, now adds a ping icon on the map, without moving the players views and zoom level. [scripts/manager_ping.lua: doPing, updatePingDataNode]
    * Added option for a +1 modifier for flanking. [scripts/5e_combat_enhancer.lua: registerMenuItems | scripts/manager_action_attack.lua: modAttack]

Token Helper v1.1.8 released.
    v1.1.8 (July 6th, 2019)
    * Bugfix: Ranged attacks within melee range now consider conditions properly. Considers the following conditions: Incapacitated, Paralyzed, Petrified, Restrained, Stunned, Unconscious [scripts/tokenHelper: isEnemyInMeleeRange5e, isActorDisabled5e]
    * Bugfix: Flanking code had to be changed to work with the above. [scripts/5e_flanking.lua: isFlanking]

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Absolutely amazing that you turned around and fixed something that you didn't even personally care about. You deserved a fine rootbeer or something of that caliber, so I hope the tip gets you one.

I'll test this out later. Is there any trick to enabling it or anything, or is it just something that will work when the two things are enabled together?

You didn't have to JLBatman, but it's still much appreciated, I'll go buy a nice cold drink for your tip, something much needed during these summer months!

It should work right out of the box as soon as you've downloaded the updated versions of the extensions and activated them for your campaign.

Shift+Left click on the map should show the ping token icon.
    Shift+Ctrl+Left click does that and moves the map and zoom as well as before.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; July 7th, 2019 at 01:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    Shift+Left click on the map should show the ping token icon.
    Shift+Ctrl+Left click does that and moves the map and zoom as well as before.
    You're awesome! Thanks

unknown.png

I'm having script errors often. I notice its when people are dying and standing on top of blood or something.
    I also notice there are issues when putting in encounters they will show up as unhidden even when they are shown hidden in the combat tracker. Once I click the unhidden and rehide them, they will be removed from sight of the players but by then they already seen where they were and stuff.

Below is a screen shot of the script error and how I caused it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

I'm having script errors often. I notice its when people are dying and standing on top of blood or something.
    I also notice there are issues when putting in encounters they will show up as unhidden even when they are shown hidden in the combat tracker. Once I click the unhidden and rehide them, they will be removed from sight of the players but by then they already seen where they were and stuff.

Below is a screen shot of the script error and how I caused it.
    What other extensions are you running? Do you have both extensions from this thread installed, updated, and loaded?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    What other extensions are you running? Do you have both extensions from this thread installed, updated, and loaded?
    I have no others running and still getting the script error.
    I found out by uninstalling the other exts I have that one was conflicting with putting the NPCs on so the players could see them. (It was one which renames the NPCs to random names at the end instead of numbers called "NPC flavors". So once I took that off, it fixed the issue.

Still having a random script error when I stack someone on top of a dead body, or when the player dies and comes back to life.

Thread Information