DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 60 of 105 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last
    Something I noticed last game session is players where getting disadvantage on ranged attacks when the dead/unconscious enemy was within 5ft of them. If I removed the unconscious enemy from the combat tracker or moved them further away they attacked normally.

@Ken L
    Hi Ken, thanks for chiming in!

Not to worry, I wouldn't be using any of your code in my Unity extension. That is if I even have the free time to write it when we get there. That is not of interest to myself nor to my purposes, it'll all be my own and SW code.

As for "I see you've done a bunch of mods atop AK, but there was specific speech about how it's "wholly something different" when trying to wiggle off the license".
    I think you might be jumping the gun a little there. It has nothing to do with trying to wiggle off a license, I have no interest in doing so, this extension can perfectly live on as a GPL as far as I'm concerned. It is more or less in its final form anyways, I believe. Much like yourself, I shared my work for the love of the community and the game, and I don't see that changing.

While there is a lot of underlying code written by yourself on top of SW code, which was a lot of great work mind you. As I imagine you know, it is the case with many software projects that large code portions are written faster at the start, then incrementally smaller changes are made, but needing to fit with already written code. Thus the complexity increases and number of lines may be fewer but the amount work and of time needed to do those changes may be incrementally greater. So pure percentile of code is maybe not the only or best way to compare contributions. Thus there has been substantial work that has gone into modifying code with changes and improvements and adding new things and options, hence the "wholly something different" casual phrasing. Not to mention the writing of an external extension on top of that.

Good point on separation of the license texts between the files, I hadn't thought of that. As most files are a mix of private license SW code and GPL code I figured it'd be easier simply to bring it all together under a global license text for simplicities sake. But if people have any interest in doing so or want to, the original AK extension is also uploaded and available on the GitHub page for the extension. Everyone is free to look through that if they'd like and look at the license specifics for the code files there.
    Then it's worth noting, which I only found out later in a forum post by Trenloe here, that Trenloe's/Dr Zeuss Layers Code, was never intended to be GPL either.

In any case, thank you for your original contribution of the Advanced Kombat extension. If I hadn't found it a great extension to the extent it went when I discovered it, I would not have put all this work into keeping it alive and improving upon it.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; July 4th, 2019 at 01:13.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

@Melborne
    Don't know what to tell you, I have no errors while using the extensions, and I believe most people are able to run it similarly. But if it's not working out for you that's no problem. It's simply an extension in the end, happy adventures.

@Thristenhall
    Sounds like an oversight, I'll add it to the bug list and look at it to be fixed in a future iteration.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Hey, Styrmir, it's only getting better, thank you!

The last patch (1.5.5) implemented something like "spells slots on CT"? I couldn't see the difference. I'm not sure if I should use the script info to do something...Man, I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to coding.lol

v1.5.5 (June 1st, 2019) (patch)

Spell slots missing for NPC entries in CT for spell casters (not innate spellcasters). Added spellslots to CT for casters. [ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua: setActiveVisible]

@pablomaz
    Thank you.

If NPCs have spell slots on their entry (so not innate spells), a row of available spells slots to that NPC will now show up just over the spell list in the CT when you select them.
    You can edit the number of available spells to that NPC directly in the CT as they cast spells. It's a way to keep track of how many spells they have left.

Hey Styrmir, did the ability to ping get changed in the last few months?
    I had lost track of this thread (not on purpose) and had to find it again several days ago, at which point I realized you were able to take donations finally and then I thought - oh, I'm a bunch of versions behind! So i got updated and in my game last night, I was unable to ping anything. However, I don't see it in the last several pages of notes, so I might be missing it, or something was goofed up on my instance.
    Any advice?

Danke,
    CS

@JLBatman
    Try the following from the front page, I update that for major functions as need be:

- Ctrl + Shift + left click on map, zooms and relocates the players view to that of the DM in their clients if they have that map/image open.

I moved it to a key combination as I hardly ever used it myself and I was working on an extension to provide dynamic shadows where I needed the use of Shift + left click. That extension, while it was showing promise, is now abandoned due to technical limitations of Classic and as Unity is just around the corner.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; July 6th, 2019 at 14:53.

So the ping icon is actually gone, then? Cause I need to revert versions if that is what it takes to have that back. That's hands down literally THE most important part of the mod for me. I would literally trade everything else for it.

@JLBatman
    I can honestly say that, that surprises me.

Be that as it may, based on your reply I thought that a bug might have snuck it's way in. So I spent some time launching up two clients, server/client, to test things.
    After some testing I can assuredly confirm that the complete functionality is still there, with icon, moving of players views and changing of zoom.
    So let me reiterate what I said above:

- Ctrl + Shift + left click on map, zooms and relocates the players view to that of the DM in their clients if they have that map/image open.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    So the ping icon is actually gone, then? Cause I need to revert versions if that is what it takes to have that back. That's hands down literally THE most important part of the mod for me. I would literally trade everything else for it.
    Oh is the icon gone? Nooooooo

Thread Information