DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 57 of 105 First ... 747555657585967 ... Last
    @Styrmir
    Looks like you've been doing great work on the combat extension... Any chance you could be convinced to give up playing 5e entirely and start focusing your work on PFRPG?
    ...didn't think so.
    Or, how about taking on a paid project to build out a version for Pathfinder? I started a thread about this idea. I figured it would be worth mentioning it to you.

Thanks either way for your time on the extension!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...087&highlight=

I can't seem to load the ext. Is there something I have to do? As you can see, I can click on it, but it is ginda dim, and when I start it, it never loads

Capture1.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    I can't seem to load the ext. Is there something I have to do? As you can see, I can click on it, but it is ginda dim, and when I start it, it never loads

Capture1.JPG

Capture1.JPG
    Please read the instruction posts on page 1.

I thought I did, obviously not good enough. ty

"The DM and players can both drag and drop conditions onto themselves (token or in CT). If the condition already exists on the target when dropped, it is removed instead."
    Is there a way to turn this off? I have programmed effects for my players so they stack when clicked more than once. If not, I will have to program an effect for each version of the stack.

Will this be compatible with FG Unity that will be coming out later this year?

No. The entire image API is being replaced, so this extension will definitely not work on FGU as is. It will need to be adapted to work on FGU, once FGU is available.

Regards,
    JPG

While nothing is finalized yet, here are some thoughts I have on the general subject of this extension and future work in similar directions.

5E Combat Enhancer Classic

Besides the extension having just about everything you'd want or need at this point, without overly bloating it. This is one of the reasons I've been somewhat reluctant to put to much additional work into the extension besides cleaning up the odd bug that prop up under ever more specific circumstances.

What I expect I'll do is to rename this extension to 5e Combat Enhancer Classic, or something similar, and leave it as is, still available in its current form for FG Classic users to download and use.

5E Combat Enhancer (Unity)

As a backer, when FGU comes out I'll be moving onto that for all of my FG roleplaying.

Due to restrictions to what myself and SmiteWorks would be able to do with my contributions under the GPL I expect I'd be looking into evaluating rewriting an entirely new streamlined version of a similar extension. And taking some of my own code contributions made so far and releasing them in the new extension under private ownership. While of course the current versions released so far (5E Combat Enhancer Classic) and their content would remain under a GPL.

The Token Enhancer API extension is already under private ownership and is one of the steps in this direction.

It'll also be exciting to see what new possibilities FGU will present to this end.

ps. So the sooner I am able to get access to FGU and any future tools the better with this in mind *wink wink*.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 4th, 2019 at 19:25.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Good idea moving forwards with a non GPL code base.

Just in case there's any confusion - parts of the original AK extension should not be considered covered by the GPL, such as the layers extension code. I think Ken may have not taken the developer wishes into account by releasing the whole extension under the GPL. Anyway, that's all in the past. Not that you'll probably need the layer code once FGU comes out...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

5E Combat Enhancer Feautres Explained

[MODERATOR: Moved this post to the Combat Enhancer extension thread. The best place to ask questions and have discussions about an extension is in the thread of that extension.]

I absolutely love this extention and am almost fully adapted to its general uses, most of which seem automatic. Ive read through the 50+ pages of forum posts but I still feel like I may not fully underatand the extension and therefore I or my ayers arent maximizing the enhancers potential. Would anyone be kind to put out a features list of the current version in laymens terms or link a source to a similar previously published explanation / demonstration?
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 7th, 2019 at 16:18.

Thread Information