DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 105 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DMZeff View Post
    In order to unmask my maps I have to be on the first layer, but on that layer I cannot see my players tokens. This means that I have to swap back and forth between the first and third layer to see where the players move and unmasking. Does anyone have a solution for this? It's more of a headache than I can tolerate and hoping someone smarter than me has found a way to fix this.
    There should be "shadows" of tokens on the top layer created when you go to the lower levels. I added this functionality to the original layers extension primarily for this very reason.

In Combat Enhancer, top layer then bottom layer:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 12th, 2019 at 19:59.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ya, so what you are describing is what I consider the biggest drawback to this enhancement. I've learned to handle it, but I full admit, I don't like it.

I hope there is a way around it, cause that would be a pleasant surprise. Overall, I would just love to have the "mask" button work from any layer, and still have it address the bottom layer (as that's where it has to be to work with FG). That would be amazing.

Just saw Trenloe's post...
    Shadows are there, but you don't see the updates if people move their characters while you are working on the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    Shadows are there, but you don't see the updates if people move their characters while you are working on the mask.
    To stop this happening, lock the tokens so your players can't move them!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's what I do or players know not to move while I'm unmasking. I agree that it would be nice to see the tokens moving clearer while unmasking, but the extension uses the inbuilt masking functionality and tools, which only works on rather applies to the bottom layer.
    It's a working function which might possibly be improved, but currently working on some complicated large changes feature additions.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Ya, no worries, Styrmir.

And yes, I could lock the tokens, but that's it's own inconvenience. When you have 8 players (and I never have less than 6 in a game), and all they are doing is exploring some corridors, I have to go back and forth in both methods, with literally NO improvement to the speed.

Scenario I experience - people can free move and they don't go crazy on it. I have to switch back to see where they've moved, then I go back to the mask layer.

Scenario proposed as a solution - I have to accept 8 people's requests to move where the first person is, and to do that I switch back to the 3rd level before coming back to the mask again. Literally no improvement to the speed of the game this way.

The recent discussion got me thinking... And... There's an update to the base Enhanced Images extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post426002

Styrmir is aware. Don't bug them to put it into 5E Combat Enhancer immediately!

Nice, Trenloe, that will be cool to include whenever. I'm not sweating it, either way. I've gotten used to it as it is.

Thanks for the update, though, cause i have something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The recent discussion got me thinking... And... There's an update to the base Enhanced Images extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post426002
    OMG Styrmir, you need to...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Styrmir is aware. Don't bug them to put it into 5E Combat Enhancer immediately!
    Oh, ok...
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Codebase updated with Trenloe's Enhanced Images extension code changes. The changes will be pushed out with the next major version (v1.5.0), thanks Trenloe, great job!
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To stop this happening, lock the tokens so your players can't move them!
    That does work, but it's not the greatest solution for what I need. Is it possible to move the masking to the 3rd layer without a huge time investment?

Thread Information