DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 105 First ... 1523242526273575 ... Last
    Thank you for agreeing to have an option to disable the range calculations. Because the your suggestions to use an effect or 'hit the advantage button' to negate disadvantage won't work when the attacker actually has advantage.

I just wish there was an easy-to-use way to remove the automatic calculations for one attack. I can't think of a way, but it would really help. In my campaign I adjudicate things differently than other DMs might. Example: I adjust advantage/disadvantage of ranged attacks based on whether the target is significantly higher or lower than the attacker, because physics.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Hey... Not sure if anyone brought this up but I noticed an issue on the map.. I had tokens placed on the map in the player layer (top layer). When I use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in/out, the tokens seem to slide and lose their place. It seems to go out of sync with the clients as well when this happens.

You are doing a great job with this extension though.. It is a must have..

More info.. It seems to happen if I zoom out all the way and continue to zoom out.. When the map is zoomed out as far as it goes, the scale of the tokens then seem to get smaller and move off their positions. I also seem to be able to reset by pressing the middle mouse button (press the scroll wheel) while moving the mouse. I also noticed that in window mode, I am able to zoom out much further.. Is there a way to do this in wallpaper mode too? That might be part of what is happening.. The tokens are still zooming out but the map stops zooming out.

One more suggestion.. I was wondering if it would be possible to set the combat tracker to skip any character than has not rolled initiative (only cycle through those that have a number in the Init field on the combat tracker). Right now, you can set it to scroll through all players or skip hidden. However, I don't necessarily want to hide a PC, but also don't want them as part of combat. For example, some PC's might not be at the scene of the combat encounter. So they would not be rolling initiative. Is that an easy setting to make?
    Last edited by Mazzar; January 31st, 2019 at 17:25.

I also had the token moving around problem. It turned out I had the enhanced images extension installed in addition. This extension has it built in and if you have both bad things happen.

I don't have that extension loaded. Just using Combat Enhancer.

One different adv/disadv things for ranged/melee and the auto calc stuff. IMHO it would be easiest to just check for an effect on the char to handle the different options. IE an Effect (Sharpshooter) will auto give normal rolls out to full range. You can define whatever text you want so long as we know what effects need to be allied to the PC/NPC its then on us to apply them appropriately. There are other extensions that can help with applying of effects or we can just do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    I don't have that extension loaded. Just using Combat Enhancer.
    It's definitely an extension conflict. I ended up removing a few things to get it to go away, perhaps the one that added text labels to maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    Hey... Not sure if anyone brought this up but I noticed an issue on the map.. I had tokens placed on the map in the player layer (top layer). When I use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in/out, the tokens seem to slide and lose their place. It seems to go out of sync with the clients as well when this happens.

More info.. It seems to happen if I zoom out all the way and continue to zoom out.. When the map is zoomed out as far as it goes, the scale of the tokens then seem to get smaller and move off their positions. I also seem to be able to reset by pressing the middle mouse button (press the scroll wheel) while moving the mouse. I also noticed that in window mode, I am able to zoom out much further.. Is there a way to do this in wallpaper mode too? That might be part of what is happening.. The tokens are still zooming out but the map stops zooming out.
    This can happen with the layers when the map layers manage to get different sizes - it could be due to a graphical offset in the FG GUI or due to something else.

Remove all other extension to do some testing.

What theme are you using?

Does it happen to all maps?

If only one or two maps, what size are the maps? Is it maps in a module or maps you've added yourself?

Do you see the grid on one of the layers losing alignment with the other layers? (I'm guessing you will, but I'd like to confirm the behaviour).

Does it happen only when the image is locked or unlocked? Or both?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This can happen with the layers when the map layers manage to get different sizes - it could be due to a graphical offset in the FG GUI or due to something else.

Remove all other extension to do some testing.

What theme are you using?

*** Mazzar - I am using the standard D&D theme (the one with the red dragon head links)

Does it happen to all maps?

*** Mazzar - No this does not appear to happen on all maps. See next response.

If only one or two maps, what size are the maps? Is it maps in a module or maps you've added yourself?
    *** Mazzar - I added this map.. I don't see this happening with other maps.. I recreated this map (made it a smaller file) and it seemed to solve the issue.

Do you see the grid on one of the layers losing alignment with the other layers? (I'm guessing you will, but I'd like to confirm the behaviour).

***Mazzar - When this happens, I do see the grid.

Does it happen only when the image is locked or unlocked? Or both?
    Thanks for your response. Some of the things you suggested to look at made me think it was a problem with the actual map. If it helps, I will attach the map file that I used that had the issue.. Maybe there is something embedded or something that causes this to happen that can be solved, but it does not seem to be too much of an issue after all with other maps (and the map I recreated).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Menu options for height text size added for next release (small/medium/large).
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Menu setting added to skip actors in CT that haven't rolled initiative.
    Menu setting added to turn off automatic range attack modifiers.

The changes above and in the last post will be included with the next release (v1.5.0).
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information