DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 105 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
    You can use tokens for mapping as they are now - the two key things are to turn off token auto sizing and to make sure your tokens are using the same pixels-per-grid-square size. For example, if you have a token that covers 6x6 squares and is 300x300 pixels, then use 50 pixels per square for other tokens: 200x200 for 4x4, 100x50 for 2x1, etc.. This will allow you to use the FG token scaling on each map to match to the grid. See the third paragraph in the "Scaling" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Tokens#Scaling

Then you can do stuff like what's shown in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post168266
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I love it! Thanks Trenloe for the links. I know what I'm tinkering with tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can use tokens for mapping as they are now - the two key things are to turn off token auto sizing and to make sure your tokens are using the same pixels-per-grid-square size. For example, if you have a token that covers 6x6 squares and is 300x300 pixels, then use 50 pixels per square for other tokens: 200x200 for 4x4, 100x50 for 2x1, etc.. This will allow you to use the FG token scaling on each map to match to the grid. See the third paragraph in the "Scaling" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Tokens#Scaling

Then you can do stuff like what's shown in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post168266
    True - my suggestion of having the size (in grid boxes) is that it allows the image to auto size itself regardless of the grid px size and in turn allows a single instance of a map tile to be used on any map.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    True - my suggestion of having the size (in grid boxes) is that it allows the image to auto size itself regardless of the grid px size and in turn allows a single instance of a map tile to be used on any map.
    Yep, I agree that this would be a nice feature. The approach I outlined isn't tied to the grid pixel size either. With each approach you have to go through your tile collections and ensure the files are sized, or labelled, correctly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

First of all, I'd like to thank you the great work and the huge effort you made.

I'd like to ask some help by the way. I found your ext yesterday and immediatelly I tried to use.

Despite fact that I updated my FG to 3.3.7 and downloaded the new Enhanced Images (layers for FG 3 CoreRPG+), I keep getting the incompatibility message

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_versionchk.lua"]:23: VERSION :3.3.7 is not supported for Advanced Kombat UNKNOWN, it is only supported for 3.3.6 use at your own risk!

Furthermore, when a PC or an NPC dies a blood splash appears as it should, but as I heal or remove the token the splash remains and I'm not able to remove it from the map
    In case of an NPC death the red skull icon appears, but if it happens to PC a yellow warning mark comes up
    Additionally the size of the effect icons cannot be changed, the are more than 1/4 of the character token even if I change their size to tiny

AK ext sample 01.JPG

I'm sure I made a mistake, but I just can't find out where. Please if you have any idea don't hesitate to share it

Thank you in advance

It seems you are using both advanced
    Kombat extension and combat enhancer. Don’t use the advanced Kombat, use only the Combat Enhancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Hmmm - I've been really dying to try this extension. It looks like it addresses some of the "issues" I've had but I've only been using mostly WoTC modules. I'm assuming there's still an issue using these? However, with JLBatman's comments, is this a kind of 'hit or miss' thing?

Well, I've been using the new extension with both Curse of Strahd and soon to start DotMM, my CoS game last night was brilliant with the right blood splatter size directly on a never before used map. The sizing issue (see previous posts) for me seems to be the very first time I create a campaign and use a map for the first time. Once sorted with token scale, it works a dream.

By the way, the coolest feature for me is the visual cue of success/fail saving throws on area effect spells. So easy now to see quickly which tokens are affected or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix Montmorency View Post
    First of all, I'd like to thank you the great work and the huge effort you made.

I'd like to ask some help by the way. I found your ext yesterday and immediatelly I tried to use.

Despite fact that I updated my FG to 3.3.7 and downloaded the new Enhanced Images (layers for FG 3 CoreRPG+), I keep getting the incompatibility message

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_versionchk.lua"]:23: VERSION :3.3.7 is not supported for Advanced Kombat UNKNOWN, it is only supported for 3.3.6 use at your own risk!

Furthermore, when a PC or an NPC dies a blood splash appears as it should, but as I heal or remove the token the splash remains and I'm not able to remove it from the map
    In case of an NPC death the red skull icon appears, but if it happens to PC a yellow warning mark comes up
    Additionally the size of the effect icons cannot be changed, the are more than 1/4 of the character token even if I change their size to tiny

AK ext sample 01.JPG

I'm sure I made a mistake, but I just can't find out where. Please if you have any idea don't hesitate to share it

Thank you in advance
    Yep, don't use Advanced Combat any more. Just delete from your extensions folder. It stopped working after FG 3.3.6
    The blood splatter tokens remain as a sign of battle IMHO, but can be removed if you switch to the bottom layer and delete them.

Thank you for your rapid response.

The situation has improved a lot.
    Now I have tiny status icons, no error message.
    I stoped the Enhanced Images (layers for FG 3 CoreRPG+ as well so "I can clean the floor" (with Enhanced Images (layers for FG 3 CoreRPG+ running i couldn't switch to the lowest layer)

The only issue remained is the strange death icon instead of the red skull on the PC when (s)he dies. I use the same location for the app and data folder (both C:\FG in the setting panel) and there was no \tokens\host\item folder, so I just made them and copy all the pics there. (the strange thing is that it is working properly on NPCs).
    Do you have some advise tp solve it as well?

Thank you in advance

Thread Information