DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 105 First ... 917181920212969 ... Last
    Thank you all for offering to donate for the continued development of the extension. It is greatly appreciated.

I am currently awaiting to hear back from the fine people of SmiteWorks what their policy on this is. That is if I am allowed to accept donations for development work I put into community extensions seeing as they own part of the code.

I will let you all know once I know myself, thank you again for the generous offers! If it becomes possible I'll set things up to make donations possible and make sure to raise a frothy pint in your honor after the fact.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    Thank you all for offering to donate for the continued development of the extension. It is greatly appreciated.

I am currently awaiting to hear back from the fine people of SmiteWorks what their policy on this is. That is if I am allowed to accept donations for development work I put into community extensions seeing as they own part of the code.

I will let you all know once I know myself, thank you again for the generous offers! If it becomes possible I'll set things up to make donations possible and make sure to raise a frothy pint in your honor after the fact.
    \

Great! We just wanted to make sure you weren't forgoing a donation link out of some misplaced sense of altruism.

The donations aren't for you. They're for us. It's a self-serving thing. You being happier from a pint, or having more time because you don't have to cook, makes you more likely or able to game. You gaming means you wanting to fix some of the warts in FG. You wanting to fix them means we benefit. So a happier/less-busy you is in our best interests!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    q: I shift click on the map and it does nothing on the client map. I am trying to ping, what am I doing wrong?
    Tested it on my side with both host and connected client loaded. Shift-left clicking on the battlemap both re-zooms and refocuses the clients view correctly.
    Currently only works when the player is in windowed image mode, not when a picture is set as an background on the players side. I've not touched on this part of the code from the AK extension.

Make sure you have the bloodsplatter folders contents extracted correctly, it also contains the re-focus circle. If it isn't found it might not trigger the rest of the script.
    If you have blood splatter graphics working then you should find that you have a blue circle with some people inside as part of that folders contents, and things are correctly set up.

ps. This is a GM/DM functionality only, so a player will not be able to refocus the view of everyone else.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 24th, 2019 at 12:37.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I should also point out that I sometimes have a problem with the ping not working when I'm first in a game.
    I've seen the problem continue for a couple/three minutes, too. Somewhere along the way, after I've zoomed a bit or change images, etc, the ping starts working again and it works flawlessly from then on.

I'm about 70% sure it's related to the amount of objects (and especially maps) I have available for my group to play. Almost like it is still loading in the background.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    I should also point out that I sometimes have a problem with the ping not working when I'm first in a game.
    I've seen the problem continue for a couple/three minutes, too. Somewhere along the way, after I've zoomed a bit or change images, etc, the ping starts working again and it works flawlessly from then on.

I'm about 70% sure it's related to the amount of objects (and especially maps) I have available for my group to play. Almost like it is still loading in the background.

Hope that helps!
    Are the images in modules?

The original AK extension noted that images in modules weren't supported - as the code had to go through all images in FG (campaign and modules) to match image records for certain functionality. This was a massive overhead in time and FG memory resource. I don't know if the original AK extension actually disabled checking modules, or if it just allowed it anyway and it was something for people to be aware of. If module image access was disabled, I don't know if Styrmir re-enabled it.

Either way, if the extension is looking through all images (module and campaign) it might explain why the first time it does it the functionality doesn't work immediately - but maybe FG has then cached the data and does it quickly in future.

Or, I may be way off and it's not this at all!

But I know that the original AK was only supposed to be used with non-module images. Which is a big restriction as most of us use FG modules for our games. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ule#post411498 and a few posts later in post #201.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've used modules almost exclusively, save for some one-shots I do in between. Been using it with one of the largest modules out there, actually - DotMM. And I did this before Ken dropped the extension, too.
    It comes down to memory use and giving it a little time to "catch up". Don't usually have any issues, even though I host 8 person games (9 people total, with me as the GM).

Not many issues, mind you, except taking a little bit to get going, it seems.

Been using it with one of the largest modules out there, actually - DotMM. And I did this before Ken dropped the extension, too.
    It's not a general FG issue, this is an issue specifically with AK (and I assume 5e Combat Enhancer). In order to match open windows to a specific image (for a ping, for example) the extension code has to go through every image record in the FG application (whether open or closed) - even non-map images (e.g. creature flavor images). The more modules you have active in your campaign, the more images there will be to go through. My main concern, other than time, would be if this increases memory use much.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep, I realize that it isn't FG itself that has the problem... I was just pointing out that the advanced kombat has worked for me on everything, including the official modules. I've got a lot of memory on the computer, but my games never last more than a few hours, so I can't say whether it has some affect for longer periods of time.

I've got a lot of memory on the computer...
    FG is currently a 32-bit application - so it can only ever use about 3.7GB of memory - it doesn't matter how much you have on your computer. Some of the memory issues on the player side were recently improved with the v3.3.7 update, but there is still a good possibility of having memory issues within FG if a lot of graphical intensive modules are loaded, or custom code causes more memory use.

Wasn’t there a 64 but released for people with decent pc’s?

Thread Information