Starfinder Playlist
Page 15 of 105 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    @Trenloe

Many thanks for the code samples, with your help it should be easy enough for me to fix this!
    I spent some time fiddling around with it myself but am still figuring out all the layouts and configurations. But decided to push it to the TODO patch list instead of delaying the release of background image support.

ps. Would have added more reputation to you, but it won't let me right now as I need to spread it around a bit more first. *laughs*

@Spoonhead

Thank you for bringing the blood splatter issue to my attention. While I would prefer to spend the majority of my time on giving you new features and adding on top of the retired AK extension, rather than fixing bugs or small glitches in the old code. I'll add it to the list of things to look into.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I think I might have an update?

PC FG.JPG

So this is from me running FG on Windows (via bootcamp), whereas all the issues on blood splatter being "hidden" is FG running on a MAC. I thought extensions were OS agnostic?

Identical loading and the same map and module.

I've also tested it wthin my full campaign with all extensions loaded and all good.

Anyway, I tend to DM on the PC side as I use the sound extensions and Syrinscape, whereas I play on the MAC side! Go figure!

That's interesting, hadn't even thought that would have been an issue. Assumed rendering was done the same way on both platforms such as yourself.
    As for myself, I also run FG on a PC.

It does sound like it's a Mac issue then, and as FG is only desktop based it should then only affect about 12.5% of the user base, all things being equal.
    Global operating systems market share for desktop PCs, from January 2013 to July 2018 https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-of-windows-7/

I don't have a mac to test this on myself, if someone wants to see if they can figure a code solution particularly for macs for this instance, without breaking the PC rendering, feel free to fork the code from github and submit a revision.

Thanks for the update spoonhead.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 16th, 2019 at 08:47.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    So this is from me running FG on Windows (via bootcamp), whereas all the issues on blood splatter being "hidden" is FG running on a MAC. I thought extensions were OS agnostic?

Identical loading and the same map and module.
    The testing I did the other day (with the screenshots showing the blood spatters constrained to within one grid square) was on a PC - screenshots here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post422343. There shouldn't be any difference for this level of functionality and I'd be surprised if this is being caused by differences between a Mac (running the Wineskin wrapper) and a PC.

@Spoonhead - when you say "identical loading" did you copy the whole campaign data (from <FG App Data>\campaigns\<your campaign name>) to the other instance of FG for your testing? This would be the only way to ensure that you're doing an exact test - as each image within a campaign stores data regarding token scaling and that can be very different from campaign to campaign, even for the same map - as the scaling data is all related to the order and size of tokens added to the map, campaign settings (80%, 100% or no scaling), etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Follow up - I can 100% recreate this on a PC computer. As I've been mentioning before, this really does appear to be related to the scaling of the token within an image.

When I start a new campaign, leave the default token scaling setting to 80%, add a grid to a map, add a NPC to the CT and then add the token to the map, and reduce that creature to 0 HP, the blood spatter token appears, but it is sized within the grid square and so not seen by the overriding token:

With the dead creature token moved to see the underlying spatter (sized to 80% within the grid square, plus further scaling within the extension on a per token basis):

If I do the exact same process, same map and tokens, in a new campaign, but with the token scaling setting to "off," I can see the spatter token sized larger than the creature token:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 16th, 2019 at 15:25.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the detailed report Trenloe, I'll see what I can do.

I've created menu options to override the auto-scaling of blood splatters.

It will be included in release 1.4.0, which among other things includes a number of optional display configurations for the extension, including some user requests to that nature.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 20th, 2019 at 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    I've created menu options to override the auto-scaling of blood splatters.

It will be included in release 1.3.1, which among other things includes a number of optional display configurations for the extension, including some user requests to that nature.
    Brilliant.

THank you so much.

Does anyone have a full description of everything this mod does? With the original mod removed all that remains are the changes from it but no complete list of what the mod does remains unless I'm missing it someplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsterhall View Post
    Does anyone have a full description of everything this mod does? With the original mod removed all that remains are the changes from it but no complete list of what the mod does remains unless I'm missing it someplace.
    Read the first post on the first page (rearranged from being the second post), it has a pretty nice summary of most of the features.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 20th, 2019 at 11:09.

Thread Information