5E Character Create Playlist
Page 102 of 105 First ... 25292100101102103104 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jstgtpaid View Post
    That fixed my issue. Thank you. Are you able to update github with this fix?
    I was just given access to the repos so will probably get a patched version on there in the next day or so. I'll post an official release for them here afterwards.

Notification

I've added discgolferusa as a collaborator to my GitHub for the 5E Combat Enhancer Classic and Token Enhancer projects.
    With the purpose of maintaining and keeping the extensions working and current as SmiteWorks updates FGC.
    Furthermore please direct any patches and fixes that you find to discgolferusa and they'll be able to push them to everybody.

Anybody else that wants to continue to contribute to either projects (including the FGU version), and are able to work independently please send me a PM and I'll add you as a collaborator.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; August 4th, 2020 at 01:20.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by angiath View Post
    Grab the latest ranged_attacks.lua from the scripts folder on GitHub (it's not updated in the in the INSTALL VERSIONS folder), it looks to have this issue fixed. Alternatively, you can do what I did and edit the file; within the if block on lines 413-449, move the "Spell Action version 1" block to before the "Weapon version 1" block.
    The result ends up looking something like this:
    Code:
    					-- Spell action version 1
    					-- this exception is needed as some modules have a slightly different range entries
    					-- where spell entries on NPCs are put under actions, and only one range is available
    					-- string input ex. 'Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 150 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (3d6) fire damage. ...'
    					rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+");
    					if rangeText ~= nil then
    						medRange = string.sub(rangeText, 7, string.len(rangeText));
    						maxRange = medRange;
    					end

-- Weapon version 1
    					-- search for 'range * ft', return range as substring, split substring in two (medium/max range)
    					-- string input ex. 'Thrown (range 30/120)''  and 'range 30/120 ft.''
    					rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+/%d+");
    					if rangeText ~= nil then
    						-- find '/' index
    						-- medRange = start of numbers to before index
    						-- maxRange = after index to end
    						local index = string.find(rangeText, '/');
    						medRange = string.sub(rangeText, 7, index - 1);
    						maxRange = string.sub(rangeText, index + 1, string.len(rangeText));
    					end

-- Weapon version 2
    					-- this exception is needed as some modules have a slightly different range entries
    					-- string input ex. 'Thrown (range 30 ft./120)''  and 'range 30 ft./120 ft.''
    					rangeText = string.match(description, "ranged?%s%d+%s?[a-zA-Z]+\.?/%d+");
    					if rangeText ~= nil then
    						local index = string.find(rangeText, '/');
    						medRange = string.match(string.sub(rangeText, 7, index), "%d+");
    						maxRange = string.sub(rangeText, index + 1, string.len(rangeText));
    					end
    In that snippet also corrected the regex from * to + (match one or more digits rather than match zero or more), and made it more forgiving towards the effect wording. Any combination of the following variations will work with it:
    ranged 150/600 (ranged instead of range)
    range 150ft./600 (no space between 150 and ft.)
    range 150 ft/600 (no period in ft.)
    range 150 m/600 (any unit of any character length)

Open up ranged_attacks.lua from Token Helper. Go to around line 516 and change:
    local rangeText = string.match(description, "%d*");
    to:
    local rangeText = string.match(description, "%d+");
    Then just edit the spell in FG (may need to add it to the character's sheet first), and add the range. For Produce Flame I've got Self, 30ft; Radiant Sun Bolt is the same just without Self. The code change for this part ensures that it won't match an empty string and get a range of "" from "Self, 30"
    This gets me the correct output of "The ranged attack is OUT OF RANGE and misses. Produce Flame (30) from 540 feet."
    I’ll look at getting this added and tested as soon as I can. Thanks for this!

Change Log

Combat Enhancer v1.6.1
    * Removed Debug statement that throws error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

* Added Method to remove error : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:41: attempt to call field 'useFGUDiceValues' (a nil value)

Token Helper v1.1.10
    * Fixed flanking issue where foe with Unconscious status was still giving flanking advantage to ally. Fixed isActorDisabled5e call that was incorrectly returning nil for the ally record from the CT, so not finding conditions that should have prevented flanking rule from applying.

* Added ranged attack fixes submitted by agiath

* Fixed bug where Magic Stone cantrip was erroring because the maxrange value was returning nil.

These versions have been pushed to the Install Versions folder in the Github repo's located in post #1.

Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll try to get to them as quick as possible.
    Last edited by discgolferusa; August 4th, 2020 at 17:12.

Hello, noob question;

Do I download this again and overwrite the one I have in the extensions folder?

And thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    Hello, noob question;

Do I download this again and overwrite the one I have in the extensions folder?

And thank you!
    Yes, each time it is updated you need to re-download it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have a question about this extension. I just installed the current version and am having a (hopefully) minor issue. I wanted to play with it a bit, so, I loaded our campaign with these 2 extensions enabled, opened a map and dropped a couple tokens from the combat tracker. (There were a couple tokens already on the map from our last session... not sure if that is part of the issue). One of the new tokens dropped onto the map had a yellow exclamation showing. I take it there was some issue with it. But, at that point, I could do nothing with that token. I can't move it. I can't delete it.

I removed that character from the combat tracker and the token remained. I exited FG, reloaded the campaign without the extensions, and the icon was gone. I reloaded with the extensions and the token was back... still can't do anything with it. How do I get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ddaley View Post
    I have a question about this extension. I just installed the current version and am having a (hopefully) minor issue. I wanted to play with it a bit, so, I loaded our campaign with these 2 extensions enabled, opened a map and dropped a couple tokens from the combat tracker. (There were a couple tokens already on the map from our last session... not sure if that is part of the issue). One of the new tokens dropped onto the map had a yellow exclamation showing. I take it there was some issue with it. But, at that point, I could do nothing with that token. I can't move it. I can't delete it.

I removed that character from the combat tracker and the token remained. I exited FG, reloaded the campaign without the extensions, and the icon was gone. I reloaded with the extensions and the token was back... still can't do anything with it. How do I get rid of it?
    Good Day ddaley
    I believe if the NPC or PC is in the CT and is at 0 HPS it will put them with the yellow exclamation and drop it to a different layer. As the DM you can change the layers by selecting the layer across the top of the map window. Or you can adjust the HPS in the CT or have a healing spell cast on it by dragging and dropping in the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    /dsave

Put it in a hot bar for quick use.
    Good Day All
    I just updated to the newest versions and I cannot seem to get the saves to clear. I type the /dsave in the chat and it fills with the basic slash commands. If I try clicking the Clear Saves die at the top of the map (Saw I needed to access it initially by clicking the grid selection) still nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day ddaley
    I believe if the NPC or PC is in the CT and is at 0 HPS it will put them with the yellow exclamation and drop it to a different layer. As the DM you can change the layers by selecting the layer across the top of the map window. Or you can adjust the HPS in the CT or have a healing spell cast on it by dragging and dropping in the CT.
    Thanks for the reply... After playing with the layers, I was finally able to be rid of the token. Apparently, the token was on the "feature" layer (even though the character had > 100 hit points). The first thing I tried was toggling between the top and bottom layers. That allowed me to select and delete the token. But, once I toggled back to the other layer, the token would reappear. However, once I specifically activated the feature layer, I was able to select and finally get rid of the token.

Thread Information