Starfinder Playlist
Page 32 of 105 First ... 2230313233344282 ... Last
    @Mgrancey

To change the colors look at the top of:
    /scripts/5e_combat_enhancer.lua

-- Underlay colors for tokens on the map. First two numbers/letters refer to the alpha channel or transparency levels.

-- Alpha channel (ranging from 0-255) in hex, opacity at 40% = 66, 30% = 4D , 20% = 33, 10% = 1A.

-- The opacity is set to 20% by default, but is now modifiable on the fly in the Settings menu.

-- You can change the three colors here by changing the 6 characters after the first 2 (the alpha channel).

TOKENUNDERLAYCOLOR_1 ="3300FF00"; -- Tokens active turn.

TOKENUNDERLAYCOLOR_2 ="33F9FF44"; -- Token added to battlemap, but not on combat tracker.

TOKENUNDERLAYCOLOR_3 ="330000FF"; -- Token mouse over hover.

Change them to whatever hex color you want, first two numbers are the alpha (opacity) channel. This can be modified live in one of the menu settings.

@Three of Swords
    "Out of curiosity, why does the difference in target size matter?"

The range arrows update on token movements and hovering over tokens (/campaign/image.lua):
    function onMeasurePointer(pixellength,pointertype,startx,st arty,endx,endy)

This is an automated call. The line drawn with the figures isn't without fault. For example, it won't run if the line can't be drawn. So if a token is directly next to one another horizontally or vertically it doesn't recalculate ranges.
    The center of tokens is regardless of size, the center-point of the token graphics. The current theory is that it might have something with to do with that for larger tokens the text widget that the altitude is placed in, somehow isn't connected to the hex that contains the middle of the token as it's on the side (in another hex than the center one). And as the range arrow is calculated to the center hex it therefore doesn't get picked up during the calculations.

Mind you this is just speculation at this point. Haven't had an overly long time free to look at this particular issue yet. Did some testing but these things require considerable timeslots to read over all the code. Run test changes to code, numerous reloads of FG, run a number of test cases etc.

@DMZeff

With the latest updates tonight (which will come with the next version) you'll be able to see the players moving their tokens while on all the different layers as a GM.

Overriding the default requirement of being on the actual bottom layer (the image containing the actual background or map image) may not be technically possible.
    Without having spent any considerable time testing things with code changes to try this specifically. From what I've read and done so far in regards to masking, if I'd have to have a guess if it were possible to accomplish this. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be a complicated affair of overriding default masking calls. Some of the core functionality of FG is only accessible to us via API's, this includes masking calls, something we can't change ourselves with extensions or modules.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

@Mgranced

The above post tells you how to change token overlay colors. What you meant was the actual background image color (the black color), which is something different. (past midnight here so a little drowsy as I'm making code updates and replying to posts).
    You need to make changes or exchange actual image files to do this.

Two of them in fact:

/graphics/frames/imagebox v1.png
    /graphics/frames/imagepnale v2.png

The code is in extensions.xml

<framedefname="imagebox">
    <bitmapfile="graphics/frames/imagebox v1.png"/>
    <offset>150,135,150,150</offset>
    <insideoffset>0,0,18,22</insideoffset>
    </framedef>
    <!--
    <framedef name="imagebox_header">
    <bitmap file="graphics/frames/imagebox_header.png" />
    <offset>0,0,0,0</offset>
    </framedef> -->
    <!-- v1.3.0 -->
    <framedefname="imagepanel">
    <bitmapfile="graphics/frames/imagepanel v2.png"/>

<offset>16,16,16,16</offset>
    </framedef>

You can find the original graphics for the magebox v1.png in the CoreRPG ruleset. For the second you could replace imagepanel v2.png with imagepanel v1.png in the code to get the original back.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

@Mgranced
    Make that the 5e Ruleset. I found and unzipped it for you.
    Download this file and replace the current imagebox v1.png with it, then change the code for 'imagepanel v2.png' to 'imagepanel v1.png'.

imagebox v1.png

After that's done, after you reload you should have the default grey background.

Quote Originally Posted by DMZeff View Post
    That does work, but it's not the greatest solution for what I need.
    See the follow up posts, since the one quoted, about new functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by DMZeff View Post
    Is it possible to move the masking to the 3rd layer without a huge time investment?
    Assuming by the 3rd layer you mean the top layer? If so, then no, it's not possible. Masking can only be done on an image layer that contains a full graphics file. If you want masking on the top layer, it would need an image file on that layer that would take up the top layer and would completely blank out the lowers layers (the image controls don't support transparency) - so you'd be back to what you have before the extension, one layer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the info, Styrmir and Trenloe. I appreciate the time you both put into making FG a better application.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Best .ext ever !!! Great great great work !

Hello! Just starting to get my feet wet with this extension

Question 1: For some reason, custom effects don't seem to show in the "mini" effects window that were added via a module. Is this a known issue? In the following screenshot, you'll see "Mocked" which I personally added. But in my list, you'll see tons of them, added via the "5E Conditions & Effects" module by Rob Twohy. Is there a way to get them to show in the mini effects window?

Capture.PNG

Question 2: Is there a way to make the blood spatter smaller? Do I just adjust the graphics in the \tokens\host\items location?
    Note: I realize you can make them bigger via the options under Blood Spatter scaling, but you can't see to go smaller than default.

Currently, they are huge for me.
    Example: CaptureBlood.PNG
    Last edited by scarymike23; February 16th, 2019 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinCinar View Post
    "- Shift + scroll while hovering over a token, gives you an altitude counter for example, and the distance to your target is actually calculated with the height in mind." from the first post.

This doesn't exactly work on Macs. I have a mouse plugged in and using the wheel while holding Shift doesn't work. But using the track pad gives me the flight Counter.

Also, I've set the status icons as "Tiny" but the Flight Counter thing is HUUUGGGEEEE. Is there a way to make it smaller as well?
    I'm going to need to use the height indicator in an upcoming fight. I can just add an effect to keep track of the height but the extension actually calculates the range based on the height when targeted properly. I'd love to have that.

Also, I remember reading about big tokens not working properly with this, was that fixed?

Great work you’ve been doing on this extension and it’s updates, here’s a little post saying thanks.

Thank you for the appreciation posts, they are nice to read. : )

Thread Information