5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 43 of 105 First ... 3341424344455393 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Personally, it took me a while to get used to the way it currently works. But now that I have, I like it. A lot. Please don't change it.
    Same here. Changing the short cuts now would be a real pain.

A special thank you to those of you who have donated for the extension! Having put so much work into making it what it is today, it is so nice to see that my work is appreciated. Allowing me to buy a few drinks or meals. *raises a drink in your honor*

@Trenloe
    Thank you, good suggestion. I'll add some dependencies to the next version.

@drakowulf
    It seems very specific to your or mac setups, don't have one myself so can't test it out. But glad to hear you've found what works for you and thanks for sharing the code changes as they might be useful for someone else as well.

@Tideturner / Three of Swords / Tyrranosaurus Vex
    I appreciate your feedback Tideturner. However in this case given my own usage, feedback from other users and the amount of work these changes would require. I'll keep things the way they are. If you really want to change these things for yourself then all of the 5e Combat Enhancer extension code is available free on GitHub from the first page of this thread.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; March 25th, 2019 at 12:48.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I jumped from version 1.4.2 to 1.5.2 plus the new icon helper extension version 1.1.2. When I load a campaign and zoom a map the tokens move around on the map (are scaled) even though scale and tokens are locked. Also, when a user connects they get a massively zoomed in version of the map that can't be zoomed out on and the token isn't visible. If I disable the icon helper extension things look normal (although I didn't put it through its paces with effects and actions). Do I have to use the token helper extension? If I don't, what do I lose? If I have to, is there any way to get tokens and zooming to behave? I already tried nuking the cache and unsharing and resharing images and that didn't seem to work either.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    When I load a campaign and zoom a map the tokens move around on the map (are scaled) even though scale and tokens are locked.
    Does the map have a grid? If so, do you see the grid moving as well - is it moving across all 3 layers, or is the grid moving together? The reason I ask this is to determine if this is a image layer issue (one or more of the layers becoming out of sync) or if this is a token issue. If a layer issue - what size us the image? Is this a file you've added to the campaign, not a module file? If so, have you resized the image outside of FG and kept the same file name?

Could you try removing all tokens from an image, delete the grid, zoom right out, add the grid back in then add a couple of tokens - does the issue still exist?

If the image is one you've added to the campaign \images directory, try this: exit FG, rename the image (this will result in FG seeing it as a new image), load up FG and then add grid, add tokens, etc..
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 25th, 2019 at 18:55.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Darn it Trenloe - why you gotta fix crap? It's working now. The image was used with 1.4.2 just fine (been using Advanced Kombat since Ken managed it) and is a jpg 547x1091 pixels and 128KB (100 pixel grid when applied). Removed all tokens, unshared the image, removed the grid and removed any mask. I then zoomed out and added the grid then a token from the combat tracker. Zooming seems to work fine and when using localhost I now see an appropriately scaled image and my token doesn't move around when zooming. I'm good about managing my shared images, so I'll just do that for our next session and see how it goes. Thanks - I'm pretty sure I did that last time (unshared, cleared grid, replaced tokens) but the one thing a I didn't do was apply the grid when fully zoomed out. I know I was zoomed in some amount. I wonder if that was the issue?

New to this ext. Reading through the thread but there is a lot.
    1/ Just testing it out and I get a script error (rangedattack) when I do ranged attacks / spells attacks. Suggestions?
    2/ in the OP pic there is a 55ft by the eagle. Is that this extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Valekk View Post
    New to this ext. Reading through the thread but there is a lot.
    1/ Just testing it out and I get a script error (rangedattack) when I do ranged attacks / spells attacks. Suggestions?
    2/ in the OP pic there is a 55ft by the eagle. Is that this extension?
    You need to have the Token Helper extension installed and activated in the campaign. The best place to refer to are the github pages for this extension. Check my post a few replies up.

Thanks!

I figured the script error just now when I turned off "automatic ranged modifiers" in the options tab as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Valekk View Post
    Thanks!

I figured the script error just now when I turned off "automatic ranged modifiers" in the options tab as well.
    Yes. There are some options in there related to ranged and melee attacks that will kick up script errors if the Token Helper isn't loaded. When you load the Token Helper, you'll gain access to elevation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by drakowulf View Post
    Yes. There are some options in there related to ranged and melee attacks that will kick up script errors if the Token Helper isn't loaded. When you load the Token Helper, you'll gain access to elevation as well.
    Do you recall off hand where the elevation information is? The ranged options are indeed working now with ranged attacks. I am getting an error still when I scroll down in the effect tab (when i click on a token, scroll down to the fill in space).

Thread Information