core RPG- token helper
    DOE: Base extension
    DOE: location extension
    DOE: ole extension
    DOE: Sound extension
    Druid Wild shapes implementor
    enhanced images
    LAE: expanded options
    Disable all of the other extension to see if the problem goes away. If it does then re-enable them one at a time until the problem comes back - and that will be the extension that is causing the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ducktales View Post
    The following extensions I am using are:
    5e critically awesome essentials
    5e combat enhancer
    core RPG- token helper
    enhanced images
    What Zacc said but remember you MUST have core RPG token helper and combat enchancer for it to work. So Disable all but those 2 to see if the problem keeps happening, then slowly add back 1 at a time (I go backwards) to see what is causing the problem.

Backwards way is, remove an ext one at a time (normally I start with my last one I installed) til the problem goes away. Sometimes you don't see the problem right away when installing an ext, so it might not always be the last one you installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducktales View Post
    The following extensions I am using are:
    5e critically awesome essentials
    5e combat enhancer
    core RPG- token helper
    enhanced images
    Don't use enhanced images for a start - that code is included in this extension and they're not compatible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a way to force map pins to load on Play Layer instead of Background Layer?

I'm really excited to use most of the features in this, and my players will certainly like all the quality of life improvements. but I had trouble using Enhanced Images, and I'm having the same issue here.

Perhaps I'm using the layer system the wrong way, but I find jumping between layers during play to be really cumbersome when I can't click on area descriptions in maps and see my players at the same time, so I never use layers.

I included a picture of what I see as I move around images on the background layer. I like to let my players have full control of their tokens, and for that it seems like they need to be on the Play Layer.

https://i.imgur.com/zF6qY5u.png

e: I did a search on the thread and sorta found an answer. I can place pins manually on the top layer but the pins that come with modules load on bottom layer automatically. Looks like i just have to open each pin, navigate to the correct layer, and place it again. Not the end of the world, worth the little extra prep on premade modules to use this extension's features.
    Last edited by JINH; July 17th, 2019 at 01:17. Reason: added followup

Would be awesome if we can get a hot key to do unmasking instead of changing layers all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JINH View Post
    Perhaps I'm using the layer system the wrong way, but I find jumping between layers during play to be really cumbersome when I can't click on area descriptions in maps and see my players at the same time, so I never use layers.

I included a picture of what I see as I move around images on the background layer. I like to let my players have full control of their tokens, and for that it seems like they need to be on the Play Layer.
    The players are always on the play layer - they are never on any other layers, even when the GM is on a different layer. So don't feel like the GM has to switch layers to allow players to do stuff.

I added code to the layers extension to show the player token positions as token "shadows" (you can see that in your screenshot) and these should move as the players move them - so you should be able to be on the bottom layer (for mask functionality and to access module based shortcuts) and still see what the players are doing. Then switch briefly to the play layer (top layer) when you need to interact with PC and NPC tokens.

There are gotchas to the layers functionality (all detailed in the layers extension thread) and it's not for everyone. But, usually, a little bit of attention to detail and appreciating how the layer works (gotchas and all) can help a lot. Some of the combat enhancer extension token functionality relies on the layers to prevent token stacking issues on the player layer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Would be awesome if we can get a hot key to do unmasking instead of changing layers all the time.
    See the end of post #2 for details of how the mask button switches between the layers. OK, so it's not a hotkey, but it's a one button press...

That makes sense. I'll look through the layers extension thread and see if I can get more comfortable with the functionality of them through practice on non-game nights. I appreciate the reply!

A way to move map pins to the top layer would be a great addition. Without individual drag and drops

Quote Originally Posted by The Decorated Man View Post
    A way to move map pins to the top layer would be a great addition. Without individual drag and drops
    It's not possible to do this via the FG API.

Thread Information