5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 55 of 105 First ... 545535455565765 ... Last
    And how many tokens do you have in your /tokens directory? Keeping these to a minimum will help reload times.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Does CE remove spell slots tracker for NPCs? Before installing this extension I was able to. Anyone else?

Also, PCs and NPCs that succeed on saving throws wont take auto half damage. The way I do it: drag cast to token and then drag dmg. I’m not sure if FG does that automatically. I kinda remember it does.
    Last edited by caocbox; May 22nd, 2019 at 00:18.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am indeed using the /reload command, additionally I do all my testing in a development campaign with minimum needed content needed to test things out. I have about 40-60 custom tokens all in all that are used in various games I run, but that's it as I don't load any of my token modules I've created in the development campaign.

I'll have a second look to see if I can strip anything more out. Maybe backup the currently non-used tokens somewhere else for now, and create duplicates of a few monsters for testing, then unload the monster compendium, things like that.

I don't have a SSD hard-drive and the PC I'm using, though descent, is hardly a powerhouse these days. So I'm usually looking at 2-4 minutes on each reload for the development campaign.
    And a bit longer, 3-5 minutes for live games, but I do create a very media rich experience for my players so lots to load.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 22nd, 2019 at 01:12.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

@caocbox
    Don't think it should as far as I recall, I can add it to the todo list to look into.

Saving throws should show up as an X or a V check on the tokens. Half damage should be done automatically on success, did so in my last game at least and I've not changed anything that should effect that.
    Drag the save onto the target, in CT or onto token on map. The interface will give you a X or V as I said above if the token is on the map. Then drop damage onto the target, if the save succeeded the damage should be halved.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    Don't think it should as far as I recall, I can add it to the todo list to look into.
    @Styrmir
    So to test it, I created a fresh campaign and added the NPC Archmage, it had all spell slots a 18th lvl caster has in the combat tracker. I returned to the main menu, loaded just the token and CE extensions and then the slots were gone. Tried different NPCs and the issue persisted.

Saving throws should show up as an X or a V check on the tokens. Half damage should be done automatically on success, did so in my last game at least and I've not changed anything that should effect that.
    Drag the save onto the target, in CT or onto token on map. The interface will give you a X or V as I said above if the token is on the map. Then drop damage onto the target, if the save succeeded the damage should be halved.
    My apologies, it does work the way you said for single targets. My issue was related to multiple targets. If I manually roll the save on each token, roll the damage on the chat, drag the damage result on top of each token, the software doesn't keep the save results and does full damage to all tokens (vanilla and with the CE extension). I thought that having the X or the V would save the fail or success state. Doing this process in any order wont work. If I use the target system on the tokens it works so no big deal.

Thanks for the reply!

Awesome extension! Ran into a small problem however,

When a creature makes a save and the icon appears on them like its supposed to., I can't seem to get rid of it. I've pressed the D20 at the top of the map and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

5e Combat Enhancer Question?

Hello Everyone

I have recently added the Combat Enhancer and its extension to my Tables and I have noticed that if a Player or NPC makes a save or fails the X and Check Mark stays on there token even after the round or the effect has passed is there a way or a configuration to have it leave the token after the effect has been decided.?

[MODERATOR - moved this post to the thread specific to this extension. If you have questions regarding an individual extension, please post in that extension's thread. Thanks.]
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 23rd, 2019 at 15:48.

@caocbox
    1) The spell slots are indeed missing, thank you for pointing it out as I hadn't noticed. I'll look into that for a future patch.

2) I've just tested the save versus multiple targets. It works, but it will only hold saves for the next upcoming roll.
    So when you have multiple targets, instead of saving one after the other, then dropping damage on them one then the next.

What you should do is select all your targets, then roll one save over the line (click save prompts on NPC or character sheet), then immediately after roll the damage dice.

Here is a screenshot of my test:
    half spell damage.jpg

If you want separate dice rolls for damage, you'll have to do a save, then damage for each individual foe. That's due to the way FG works, as far as I've seen it does not roll individual damage for each target selected, which would be nice if it did mind you.

@sammyp03
    Works for me, try again with only the Combat Enhancer and Token Helper extensions activated. Try a new map and some new opponents, make sure you're on the top layer.

@benedict
    That's the way it's currently coded, it's a manual removal feature only. I'll have to consider it if I'll make it automatic, if that could have any complications or ramifications. Then how feasible it would be to code. I'll add it onto the look into list though as anything that helps streamline the gameplay is worth looking into.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 24th, 2019 at 14:50.

@sammyp03
    Works for me, try again with only the Combat Enhancer and Token Helper extensions activated. Try a new map and some new opponents, make sure you're on the top layer.
    I dont believe I have any other extensions active but will go back and try it. Thanks

One of my players has started receiving the same error as Dax Doomslayer (see #504 in this thread):

Script Error: [string "scripts/token_helper.lua"]:271: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'height' (a nil value)

The error occurs when a ranged attack is made whilst standing next to an enemy. Earlier on the character had adjusted height both +'ve and -'ve. All other function appears to be working correctly such as flanking/range/blood splatter/..etc

I am running the latest version of the extension.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing