FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 78 of 105 First ... 2868767778798088 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexternaut View Post
    the only other extension i have installed is the "Current HP" one. Thank you in advance.
    Disable the Current HP extension. Then see if you get any errors.

This extension does a lot of stuff, meaning it touches lots and lots of files and objects and functions. Meaning it will often conflict with other extensions.

Edit: and Welcome!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Just a quick entry here for an issue I was having with Out of the Abyss. Eldeth Feldrun was causing issues with her ranged attacks. It wouldn't roll the attack and would cause a script error. After some testing to make sure it wasn't a combination of extensions, I looked closer at Eldeth's stat block and compared it to another NPC's with a longbow attack. In this case, a Hobgoblin. As you can see in the picture, Eldeth's stat block has the range syntax as 'ranged 150/600 ft.' when it should be 'range 150/600 ft.', as seen in the Hobgoblin stat block. When corrected, the errors stopped and the attacks worked as intended.

I am posting this here, because I don't believe this issue causes problems when not using this extension.

Eldeth Feldrun Ranged Attack syntax.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Hi there, group. I'll start this out like I'm in a support group. I'm William, and I'm a moron.

I've been excited about this extension, and I've installed the combat enhancer, and the token helper. But When I actually try to add encounters to the tracker from a map I get this:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:1054: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image."

ok, scratch this, figured it out: its some form of conflict with the maps and encounters I prepared and saved locations earlier. Blanking and restarting, and redoign the encounters and token positioning I no longer get the error when I start adding encounters to the tracker.
    Last edited by wjpennington; December 27th, 2019 at 22:33.

How are you adding the NPC to the map? Is this an NPC from an official module or one created by you? Where did the token come from? Does this happen if you add an encounter from an official module (if you have one available to test).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The NPC is added to the map from the position set my the module, or where I set the placement tokens. This is from an official modules-- multiple ones.

In fact, O now notice I cant open encounter pins from maps when I have the extensiosn loaded, nor can I mask the maps--the option doesn't even appear now.

If I disable them, I'm able to again open 'pin' locations and use map masking.

Quote Originally Posted by wjpennington View Post
    In fact, O now notice I cant open encounter pins from maps when I have the extensiosn loaded, nor can I mask the maps--the option doesn't even appear now.
    See the "Important" section at the bottom of the first post.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! So just make sure to redo preplaced NPC's or otherwise make sure the NPC's and PCs are on the same layer. Seems to be working now, with all other extensions reloaded.

So not sure if I'm missing something. When I open a map, I have to set the map to full and have it in the background, and change it to the proper layer for me to click on the links on the map. Is there a way where I don't have to do this, or to disable the layering altogether? I love everything else about this extension, but if I have to keep putting the maps to full view and change the layer just to click on the links, then can't do it lol. Anyone know of a way to help this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirjohn2 View Post
    So not sure if I'm missing something. When I open a map, I have to set the map to full and have it in the background, and change it to the proper layer for me to click on the links on the map. Is there a way where I don't have to do this, or to disable the layering altogether? I love everything else about this extension, but if I have to keep putting the maps to full view and change the layer just to click on the links, then can't do it lol. Anyone know of a way to help this?
    You shouldn't need to put the maps to the background but you will need to unlock the map and select the correct layer to access the pins. (If you don't see the unlock button make the map a little bigger until you do see it).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I can confirm you don't need to put the map to full, and I'm running two games with a large number of individuals across pc and Mac, and at least one of them is very much not IT-inclined. The only one for whom the layers should cause any "challenges" is the DM, as they often have to go to the first layer to grab the pins from modules. For everyone else, they do all their work from the third and never even fiddle with it.

Top layer= play layer, and the only one players work with.
    Middle layer = handles token overlaps for people who drag their icon onto their dead friend. Keeps them from getting all messed up. No one will spend much time here. You can use combat tracker to avoid ever going there at all, even as the GM.
    Bottom layer = pins, some drawings, etc... go here. If you build your own module and own pins, you can almost completely avoid this one, too. But only in that situation.

Thread Information