DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Switch from 5E

Switch from 5E

Kinda Torn about. Played standard DnD for decades now. Been thinking about switch to and DMing in Pathfinder. What books should I start with. I see so many monster manuals and addons?

I like the Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, and Bestiary 1. That's really enough.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

what if in steam I only pick the bestiary, the Kingsmaker and use the quickrules provided in Fantasy Grounds. What do i lose without having the pathfinder Core Rulebook?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Me gusta jugar Savage Worlds settings como Rippers y Hell on earth. Call of Cthulhu ed 5 a 7 y DnD 5E.
    Me gusta la musica, soy bajista y tambien la fotografia de boda en Guadalajara donde vivo y trabajo.

Quote Originally Posted by aribethdm View Post
    what if in steam I only pick the bestiary, the Kingsmaker and use the quickrules provided in Fantasy Grounds. What do i lose without having the pathfinder Core Rulebook?
    Primarily the artwork and the nicely laid out reference manual.

EDIT: and it looks like you don't get magic items. But you can use some community OGL modules for those: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ist-of-Modules
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 21st, 2019 at 17:31.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you are running a premade adventure it will provide all the monsters/magic items for you.

The core book and the APG are must haves imo to help flesh out the class options and give you a good chunk of the rules for reference as well as easy character creation.

I would also recommend the NPC codex for the huge time saver it can be to go "oh I need a level 10 bard but don't have one made up, grab"

The bestiaries are good, the first two cover the more commonly found monsters in fantasy worlds while the others tend to extend out in all directions. If you go to the paizo store you actually get lists of all the creatures in the bestiaries (which you can use as a preview of sorts for FG)

Oh and be aware that all FG purchases can be synched to paizo's store to give you pdf files for every module you buy, or alternately give you a discount on the FG module if you already own a pdf.

Thread Information