5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Ebon Shard - Creature Codex (Kobold Press)

The item Ebon Shard gives spells that can be cast, but the spells are not included in the module.

Is this just a general observation or a bug report or what? Also for what ruleset is this? Some more details would be appreciated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This was for 5th edition DnD. I don't know if it is intentional or not, but it seems odd to include spells on an object but not in the module. So I have no idea what they are or what they do.

I think it says the spells are in "Midgard Worldbook", but is it not included in the Creature Codex as a hard copy or pdf? Seems like an odd thing to do unless it is a gimmick to buy more books. I ended up replacing them with similar spells.

Quote Originally Posted by chopkins779 View Post
    This was for 5th edition DnD. I don't know if it is intentional or not, but it seems odd to include spells on an object but not in the module. So I have no idea what they are or what they do.

I think it says the spells are in "Midgard Worldbook", but is it not included in the Creature Codex as a hard copy or pdf? Seems like an odd thing to do unless it is a gimmick to buy more books. I ended up replacing them with similar spells.
    The spells are probably not included in the hardback. If they were then they'd also be in the module. I know that in at least one of the products I did a module for this was the case. Not only spells but other things such as NPCs were referenced from other sources. Obviously if the spells are not in the hardback then the FG module can't include them either. This is the case for most products across any publisher. If you look, for example, at any spellcasting NPC in an adventure module or any of the spellcasters in say Mordenkainen or Volo none of the spells used by the spellcasting NPCs are included in the module. They are all referenced from the PHB.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information