FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sjbehindthescreen View Post
    I thought it worth a try to see if anyone is doing anything in the Mutant: Year Zero area. I'm anticipating starting a game in the near future.

I'm more than willing to update the extension for Unity, which looks like it's mostly needing the dice fonts in this package, or the base Mutant Dice package fixed.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reverse engineer a .fgf file to get back to ttf? Otherwise I may try to take a look at making a new custom dice font file to update it.

I am not sure if that is possible.
    When I started working on Genesys and Star Wars FFG rulesets, I had to create new fonts as i didnt find a way to reverse/export the gliphs from fgf

EDIT: I found this thread, might be worth a shot:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post423449
    Last edited by johniba; October 5th, 2021 at 18:11.

Yep, that was a help, finding that .fgf editor. From that I could tell that the dice font file just had the '0' character blanked (apparently the funky dice roller script always set a value to 0) so when I hacked a .ttf file to blank out the 0 character, the dice roller seems to work fine in FGU.

There was some wonky desktop/sidebar stuff in the extension also, but I just commented that out, and I still don't understand what the author intended with the d66/d666 implementation. But I commented that out as well and I have an extension that I think will work for a few games.

Thanks for the hints, johniba.

Was able to fix the dice, so it works on Unity. There are also some other things that need to be fixed.

First, the dice.
    -You need to add a blank font (Attached), this goes in /graphics/fonts/. Leave the other stuff in there.
    -Back up 1 directory, to /graphics/ and open the file graphics_fonts.xml.
    -Replace lines 23 and 27 with the following line - <ttf file="graphics/fonts/blank.ttf" name="Blank" size="24" />
    -Save the file.

The Coriolis Theme is causing an error on launch.
    -In the root folder, open extension.xml.
    -Delete line 66.
    -Save the file.

NPCs cause an error.
    The custom NPC sheet is trying to reference /campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua, which does not exist.
    -In the root folder, open extension.xml.
    -Delete line 41.
    -Save the file.
    Unfortunately, you will lose the custom NPC sheet, when you do this, but the files are still there if someone can find the missing file.

Before anyone asks, yes I could have just fixed everything and re-uploaded, but it is important to learn how to fix things in the code.
    You are welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is anyone using this? I was able to get it to load without errors, but rolling dice throws the following error. Is this fixable?

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:373: attempt to call field 'onPostDecodeRoll' (a nil value)

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your insights VampireGamer.

I found a couple of more fixes:

on graphic_icons.xml -> File not found console error on init
    remove lines 14-15 because was causing errors on console (file not found, related to SW FG ext)

on extension.xml -> the DiceManager was overrided by the base one from CoreRPG adn was conflicting getting the results from dice.
    on line 66 rename 'DiceManager' to 'DiceManager2'

I hope this helps to make it at final working and playing.

Cheers!

Thread Information