STAR TREK 2d20
Page 72 of 76 First ... 22627071727374 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Please can you answer all the questions in the first post.
    Foundry requires you to setup a server and to do port forwarding too.

Internal is 10.252.0.89
    External is 54.151.106.55
    I am pulling these RIGHT out of the FG main screen.
    Exceptions are enabled in My Norton - again, this is not something I have messed with recently in any way, so not sure why it would suddenly be a poblem.
    Network is indeed set to private (was public as of this morning before I changed it but, yet again, this has always worked with the public setting)
    I called xfinity and they say the only way to do it is via their app, which is what I did. Just looking at my app again right now it says "Advanced Security is Disabled." It has said that since I set it that way about 6 months ago or so.

Blog Entries
    Hi ndjester

You have some conflicting information.
    Q1 you have provided 192.168.68.63 and 10.252.0.89 as your Internal IP address. Please confirm the correct one.
    Q2 ok
    Q3 Are you wired or wireless? Make sure you are only connected to one or the other.
    Q4 When you changed your router Windows will have told you the network has changed and if you didnt specify what you wanted to do it will have set it to public
    Q5 Most computers, over 1000 things change every minute. You should recheck that Norton isnt blocking anything
    Q6 This suggests that your LAN is 10.252.0.89. Hop #8 is also your ISP doing funky things (carrier grade NAT) on your connection. CGNat will usually prevent Port Forwarding from working. Very likely you will need your ISPs assistance
    Q7 Please post a screenshot of the NAT on the router
    Q8 Are you running any virtual adapters?

Additionally FGU does not require Port Forwarding for the vast bulk of systems.

The first time I posted, I checked the internal in FG and it gave me the first number. The next time, it came up with the other one. Checking again now, it is the 10.252.0.89.

Wireless, only. No virtual adapters.

Attached two photos (hopefully they show, the forum interface is kinda wonky)

Xfinity Modem Router.jpeg
    Primary Deco Unit.jpeg

Blog Entries
    Could you please provide a screenshot of the NAT settings?
    Could you logon to your router and confirm the WAN interface IP address please.

Hi damned - I had responded via DM to keep the chatter to a minimum on this thread.

Out of curiosity, has the issue with Hyper-V been identitifed/a workaround exist. At the current moment in order to properly host a session I have to disable all related network adapters and restart my machine in order for FG to work.

FG always grabs the first adapter provided by the OS. You might be able to re-order adapters, depending on your OS.

Here's one example:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ers-windows-10

Regards,
    JPG

My OS is Windows 10.
    I'm attaching a list of my network adapters with their interface metrics. The first adapter that should be loaded is my "Ethernet" adapter which has a static IP address. MY router

Attachment 45731

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ndjester View Post
    Hi damned - I had responded via DM to keep the chatter to a minimum on this thread.
    Im sorry ndjester I see I have missed your comms.

Thread Information