5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 76 First ... 567891757 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfspirit1010 View Post
    Anyway someone could walk me through these steps? I have set my port forward to 1802 and still have the failure to connect. I'm not 100% sure how to do the rest
    Welcome to the forums!

Please provide answers to the 7 questions in the "Still need help?" section at the bottom of post #1. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

1. 192.168.1.231
    2. 192.168.1.1
    3. Wireless
    4. I believe it is on private, but did not show up in network settings
    5. No AV
    6. Joshs-iMac:~ joshhenry$ tracert 8.8.8.8
    -bash: tracert: command not found
    Joshs-iMac:~ joshhenry$
    7. /Users/joshhenry/Desktop/Port Forward.png

6. Joshs-iMac:~ joshhenry$ tracert 8.8.8.8
    -bash: tracert: command not found
    Ah, OK - you're on a Mac. Use traceroute 8.8.8.8

7. /Users/joshhenry/Desktop/Port Forward.png
    You can attach a screenshot by using the advanced editing in your reply ->Click "Go Advanced" and then you have an attachment button (paperclip icon at the top).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This doesn't seem to be very helpful

Joshs-iMac:~ joshhenry$ traceroute 8.8.8.8
    traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
    1 linksys02776 (192.168.1.1) 12.372 ms 5.822 ms 5.080 ms
    2 * * *
    3 * * *
    4 * * *
    5 * * *
    6 * * *
    7 * * *
    8 * * *
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 * * *
    16 * * *
    17 * * *
    18 * * *
    19 * * *
    20 * * *
    21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    Attached Images Attached Images

Indeed, it isn't helpful. What the traceroute should show is whether you have more than one device (router/modems) between you and the internet and whether there are any private IP addresses between you and the internet. The latter will show whether your ISP is sharing IP addresses and therefore whether it is even possible to port forward at all.

It is important that your network is set to private so can you make sure that it is (I don't know enough about macs to tell you how you go about doing that). Also can you say if you are a home user or whether your are connected to something like a college or school network or an apartment with a shared wireless network.

Also I understand it is rare on a mac but if you do have an anti virus program running make sure that you have created an exception for Fantasy Grounds in it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And the question then is are you able to access all of the router/modems between you and the internet. If not then you will not be able to port forward since that requires access. It may be possible for you to get whoever controls those router modems to chain port forwarding from the internet to the next router/modem to your router/modem. If not then currently until FGU comes around the only solution is to use a VPN. More information on that subject here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hi Wolfspirit1010

Please check your Routers Broadband/WAN/Status page or similar and find out what its Public or WAN IP Address is please and post here.
    On your GF splash screen for Load Game or Create Game what is the External IP address there?

Gents,

I'm not GMing, but trying to connect to a host that other players can connect to.

My internet is, and has always been, via wi-fi tether on my phone. This has worked fine until recently, and when it stopped working I was able to access the game by tethering to my wife's phone.

I also cannot connect to the FG Updater when using my phone's tether.

Is this something you guys can help me solve? What data would you need?

1. 192.168.43.65
    2. 172.58.142.242
    3. Wireless
    4. Yes
    5. Windows Defender, Yes
    - 1 192.168.43.176 reports: Destination net unreachable.

7. Have not figured out how to, or what I need to do if I manage to gain that access

Blog Entries
    Welcome MadDogMaddux

This thread is about GM connections rather than player connections.
    An update on your phone - or by your provider - is the most likely reason this has stopped working.

You can try seeing if there are any new updates for your phone.
    You could also reset the tethering settings on your phone and set it up again.
    And delete the saved Wifi connection or your phone on your PC and set that up again.

Thread Information