DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 76 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Ok, perhaps I am not as smart as I thought I was.

I have attempted to follow the directions throughout this thread and I am having general connection issues.

I have attempted to create/host a game, and I have attempted joining a game. Both fails.

I have enabled port forwarding on my router for port 1802. I have went as far as to completely disable all firewalls - Router - Windows Defender - BitDefender - I have tried creating rules for those as well to allow any/all connections through port 1802. I have contacted my ISP-they have input a ticket--will see where that goes.

my trace:
    trace.PNG

Canyouseeme.org shows port is not open.

From what I have read only the host needs to worry about port forwarding...so what gives with connecting to my DM when he is hosting and shows a good connection on his end?
    Even if I can get the player side to work I need to resolve this, as we alternate gaming sessions (2 different campaigns-I am player in one, DM in another)

I am a bit on the frustrated side. I have a licensed copy I have purchased and would like to add some modules, but before I plop anymore $$ down I need to get this working.

Blog Entries
    Sorry you are having problems I'mnot one of the network guru's, but lets see if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgen View Post
    Ok, perhaps I am not as smart as I thought I was.

I have attempted to follow the directions throughout this thread and I am having general connection issues.

I have attempted to create/host a game, and I have attempted joining a game. Both fails.

I have enabled port forwarding on my router for port 1802. I have went as far as to completely disable all firewalls - Router - Windows Defender - BitDefender - I have tried creating rules for those as well to allow any/all connections through port 1802. I have contacted my ISP-they have input a ticket--will see where that goes.

my trace:
    trace.PNG

Canyouseeme.org shows port is not open.

From what I have read only the host needs to worry about port forwarding...so what gives with connecting to my DM when he is hosting and shows a good connection on his end?
    Even if I can get the player side to work I need to resolve this, as we alternate gaming sessions (2 different campaigns-I am player in one, DM in another)

I am a bit on the frustrated side. I have a licensed copy I have purchased and would like to add some modules, but before I plop anymore $$ down I need to get this working.
    The first thing I would look at from your comments, you say you can not join a game as a player? Can other people join the GMs game? If so, then the problem is more basic and is probably due to security on your end. What type of network are you connected to? Home, library, coffee shop, work, etc?

As a reminder, these are the 7 questions that are usually all the guru's need in order to help you. Not sure you answered all of them. Can you please confirm the answers to the questions?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Still need help?
    Please dont post that you have "tried everything".
    Please provide the following info when posting a request for Port Forwarding help.

1. Your LAN IP Address
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Sorry you are having problems I'mnot one of the network guru's, but lets see if I can help.

The first thing I would look at from your comments, you say you can not join a game as a player? Can other people join the GMs game? If so, then the problem is more basic and is probably due to security on your end. What type of network are you connected to? Home, library, coffee shop, work, etc?

As a reminder, these are the 7 questions that are usually all the guru's need in order to help you. Not sure you answered all of them. Can you please confirm the answers to the questions?
    Home network - I have it set to private, not public - it is a wired network (ethernet)

AV-Bitdefender- in the firewall I have it set to allow all/any access for FG - I will look at exceptions in the AV portion.

FGoctets.PNG

port forwarding.PNG

privateconnection.PNG

maybe some of these help answer things..I may have screwed up somewhere.

My DM didn't have anyone else attempting to log into his campaign at the time, however he could at least pass the 'connection' test. However I couldn't connect to his game.

Thanks BTW

Blog Entries
    Home network - I have it set to private, not public - it is a wired network (ethernet)

AV-Bitdefender- in the firewall I have it set to allow all/any access for FG - I will look at exceptions in the AV portion.
    privateconnection.PNG

maybe some of these help answer things..I may have screwed up somewhere.

My DM didn't have anyone else attempting to log into his campaign at the time, however he could at least pass the 'connection' test. However I couldn't connect to his game.

Thanks BTW
    No problem, PM me if you would like me to startup my table and see if you can connect to it, or if you want me to try to connect to you after you get the connection test running (f you can).

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

my trace:
    trace.PNG
    This shows that there is another internal device (192.168.1.1) between you and the Internet. That will need to be port forwarded to your router - which is shown as having an IP address of 192.168.2.1, but will also have an IP address of 192.168.1.xx, which is what you'll need to port forward to on the 192.168.1.1 device.

Correct, only the host needs the port forwarding operating correctly. So I'd recommend you concentrate on getting the player connection working first... Maybe take LordEntrails up on his offer of trying to connect to his table.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

PM sent..we will see if I can connect

Thanks!

This shows that there is another internal device (192.168.1.1) between you and the Internet. That will need to be port forwarded to your router - which is shown as having an IP address of 192.168.2.1, but will also have an IP address of 192.168.1.xx, which is what you'll need to port forward to on the 192.168.1.1 device.

Now I have to figure out how to get that accomplished...I contacted my ISP but they were literally useless in providing any assistance.

My PC is connected to the router via Ethernet connection...router is wireless for other items on the network..kids Switch, family members tablets etc

Trying to figure out what it is that is blocking me and how to forward the port on it

Lord Entrails...THANKS...at least I know I can play! Now on to fixing the hosting issue ...Trenloe thanks!

Blog Entries
    You're welcome. Let us know if you get stuck again. I'll keep my table open for a while longer in case you want to try again, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You're welcome. Let us know if you get stuck again. I'll keep my table open for a while longer in case you want to try again, etc.

It was nice to see that I can actually join a game. Hopefully I will get hosting worked out on my end soon. To bad for me I have some 14hr workdays coming up over the next few days

Thread Information