STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 76 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last

Not my finest hour, but Damned got the damned thing to work! Thanks again!

Just want to thank you for this thread. I recently installed a subsidiary router so I could have a network for IoT related things that was security wise separate from the rest of my network. This obviously prevented Fantasy Grounds from working. Read through, took all the steps at the start and it didn't seem to work until I realized I needed the internal router's external static IP in the external routers rules, not the one my PC necessarily hits (they seem to be different on my network.) Suddenly, all green.

So basically, thanks for the detailed instructions they're fabulous.
    Just once I would like someone to call me "Sir," without adding "you're making a scene."

My modest contribution on that subject :
    "Fantasy Grounds - Port Forwarding and a "transparent" OpenVPN setup (fg/ovpn blurb by ZeFerby)"
    https://zeferby.gitbook.io/transpare...ntasy-grounds/

I just purchased Fantasy Grounds and my test failed.
    i'm pretty sure I need to call my ISP and have them allow port forwarding.
    My question is this...I plan on taking my laptop to someone elses house and using their wifi as we run the game.
    Calling my ISP won't do any good if I'm using someone else's Wifi/ISP, correct?
    Will I need to go there and do all these steps again?
    Or should I just do one of those alternative plans to avoid that trouble?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
    I just purchased Fantasy Grounds and my test failed.
    i'm pretty sure I need to call my ISP and have them allow port forwarding.
    My question is this...I plan on taking my laptop to someone elses house and using their wifi as we run the game.
    Calling my ISP won't do any good if I'm using someone else's Wifi/ISP, correct?
    Correct.
    Will I need to go there and do all these steps again?
    Or have them do all the steps. Most of them will tell you want you need to do on your computer when you get there. A lot of this will depend upon if they have admin access to their router and what might need to be done. Again, in a vast majority of cases, FG just works, but if it doesn't, you don't want to be stuck unable to play!
    Or should I just do one of those alternative plans to avoid that trouble?
    You could just have Hamachi ready to go if you have trouble at your friends house. Though I personally use PureVPN, but that's because I travel.
    EDIT: Welcome!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Correct.

Or have them do all the steps. Most of them will tell you want you need to do on your computer when you get there. A lot of this will depend upon if they have admin access to their router and what might need to be done. Again, in a vast majority of cases, FG just works, but if it doesn't, you don't want to be stuck unable to play!

You could just have Hamachi ready to go if you have trouble at your friends house. Though I personally use PureVPN, but that's because I travel.
    EDIT: Welcome!
    Is this a problem with the STEAM version of Fantasy Grounds? Or does the Steam version have this figured out?

@fergy No, it's just that when you host a game your machine is an FG "server", so remote players have to be able to reach your FG from the Internet, so it has nothing to do with Steam/not Steam.

Hello All.

I'm having some serious connection issues from China. I've set my network to private and made a firewall exception for port 1802. I also went into my router and set port forwarding for 1802. After reviewing some alternatives I went and tried Hamachi which could not establish a stable connection even with a VPN. ZeroTier actually saw some success. I was able to get a player connected to my game through the ZeroTier IP, but only when we were connected to the same wifi connection, which rather defeats the purpose. Pure VPN customer service said that their Port-forwarding/Isolated IP/whatever function doesn't work in China, though I have seen otherwise on the forums and would be willing to purchase it if I could guarantee that it would work. Either computer connecting to a different wifi, or through a VPN yielded nothing.

I have a Windows 10 64-bit computer with Total AV installed. I'm fairly certain that the AV is also set to allow incoming traffic from Fantasy Grounds.

At this point I'm doubtful that standard port-forwarding is going to accomplish much, there is after all the Great Firewall to contend with. Is there any advice on how to get ZeroTier to work or is there something else I should be doing?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Vali

The GFW is very likely going to be a show stopper for you to be GM without a 3rd party tool that can get around the GFW.
    I think PureVPN have some sort of money back period and a number of users have used that successfully.
    As a player I dont think you will have issues.

Thread Information