Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionavar View Post
    Fair enough - but now I know what to do yeah learning
    All of us. Always still learning.

1. 192.168.0.101
    2. 185.233
    3. Wireless
    4. Done.
    5. Win10 defender/firewall, I deleted the default rules for FG and made one to allow any TCP1802 traffic inbound.
    1 1 ms 2 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 185-233-24-16.fiberlink.pl [185.233.24.16]
    3 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms 185-233-24-1.fiberlink.pl [185.233.24.1]
    4 11 ms 9 ms 11 ms google.ip4.epix.net.pl [89.46.144.185]
    5 10 ms 9 ms 10 ms 108.170.250.193
    6 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 216.239.48.161
    7 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    7. Port forwarding and DHCP reservation on the router.

Any help?

Blog Entries
    Hey marqss and welcome
    At first look everything there looks correct.

So I would next try installing on another compuer on your network and try and connect the new computer to this computer on host address 192.168.0.101
    If that works then something is wrong on the router or ISP end, if it doesnt connect something is wrong with the firewall on that computer

Quote Originally Posted by marqss View Post
    7. Port forwarding and DHCP reservation on the router.

Any help?
    Please provide a screenshot of the port forwarding in the router.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello all. I’ve really tried to do this myself, but I feel like I have read and tried it all a few times, so I guess it's time to ask for help. Here’s my info:

1. Your LAN IP Address

2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds (I'm not sure where this is. Is it the Address Information on the Load Campaign Screen? If so, the Internal is 192.168 and the external is 204.144) and as displayed by your Router

3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
    Wired

4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Center to Private
    Confirmed

5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    McAfee Antivirus Plus
    Under Ports and System Services I opened up port 1802 for Fantasy Grounds

6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms RT-AC5300-51F0 [192.168.1.1]
    2 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 100.68.250.1

7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made
    I made sure UPnP is enabled, and I set up port forwarding on port 1802
    portforward.PNG

Thanks in advance for the help!

Your second hop is to a private network address. This could be because you have a shared network or your ISP is sharing IP addresses. It is probable that you wn’t Be able to access this network to port forward and you may need to use a VPN solution.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Protokos View Post
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    McAfee Antivirus Plus
    Under Ports and System Services I opened up port 1802 for Fantasy Grounds
    Have you added an application exception/whitelist for FantasyGrounds.exe?

6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms RT-AC5300-51F0 [192.168.1.1]
    2 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 100.68.250.1
    Hop 2 may, or may not, be the cause. 100.64.. - 100.127.. are private networks, but they are special because they are reserved for ISP to providers communication - it's probably effectively a shared IP with other users (which is what Zacchaeus mentioned) and so normal port forwarding can't be used.

I'd check the FantasyGrounds.exe exception above and if that doesn't help then call your ISP and say that you need TCP port 1802 forwarding to you for peer-to-peer gaming - see what they say. Some might do it for you, some might require a small increase in your monthly charges, or some may say they can't do it - but keep pushing them if they say that, as some ISP support people aren't that good (amazingly!) and might just give a default answer. If your ISP truly can't help, then a VPN solution will be able to work around it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you both for your help. I will contact my ISP tomorrow and talk with them about the problem. It's a small ISP and they are pretty controlling with many things, but the customer service is excellent and very personal. If that doesn't work I will pursue the VPN option. I already had NordVPN, but they do not offer port forwarding. Since I am just barely inside my first 30 days with them I'm going to cancel and try PureVPN I think. Currently its a little over $4/mo with the port forwarding.

And I do have the exception for FantasyGrounds.exe

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

... and try PureVPN I think. Currently its a little over $4/mo with the port forwarding.
    Get PureVPN and the dedicated IP address add on, this is what is known to work for Fantasy Grounds - you don't need the port forwarding add on.

Thread Information