5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 17 of 76 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last

Need help with Port Fowarding

LAN IP: 192.168.1.72
    WAn Octects: I'm Unsure of where to find these if you could let me know I'll get back to you.
    I'm wireless
    I've set everything to Private
    I'm not sure what an AV is
    Tracert command results
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...1&d=1566361231

and the rules I put in my firewall:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...1&d=1566361322
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Welcome ingmaster

The External IP that Fantasy Grounds shows plus whatever the Router shows as its public IP.

Where did 99.99.198.40 come from in your Firewall Rules?

That first rule should I think be:
    Input Any 192.168.1.72/32 1802 1802 TCP Allow
    I think the second rule should be deleted

You probably also need a port forward rule.

99.99.198.40 is the External IP Adress shown in Fantasy Grounds.

Either 192.168.1.72 or 192.168.1.254 is the IP Address for my computer or router.

How would I go about setting up a port forwarding rule?

Thanks for your help and patience.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingmaster View Post
    You can look up specific directions for your router here; https://portforward.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingmaster View Post
    99.99.198.40 is the External IP Adress shown in Fantasy Grounds.

Either 192.168.1.72 or 192.168.1.254 is the IP Address for my computer or router.

Thanks for your help and patience.
    99.99.198.40 is the External IP Adress
    And what does the ROUTER say its external IP is?

Port Forward can sometimes be called Gaming or Applications or something similar..

I can run a successful Connection Test after setting up port1802 forwarding

however....i still cannot join a game, or able to get other players to join a game i created + hosted

ISP gave me a generic "we do not block P2P connections" message but i am taking it with a grain of salt

WIll try setting router to Bridge mode tonight when i get home, but any other ideas on what could be causing the issue GIVEN that the Connection Test comes back successful?

Thanks in advance! Love the program! Was working just fine on a different computer+ISP+router combination

Quote Originally Posted by langston24 View Post
    I can run a successful Connection Test after setting up port1802 forwarding

however....i still cannot join a game, or able to get other players to join a game i created + hosted

ISP gave me a generic "we do not block P2P connections" message but i am taking it with a grain of salt

WIll try setting router to Bridge mode tonight when i get home, but any other ideas on what could be causing the issue GIVEN that the Connection Test comes back successful?

Thanks in advance! Love the program! Was working just fine on a different computer+ISP+router combination
    Welcome to the FG forums.

1) You (the player) don't need port forwarding to connect to another GM's game. Only the GM needs port forwarding.
    2) In general, if you get a success, then as a GM you should be able to host OK.

A few questions (sorry some of these might seem basic, but I need to cover them off):
    1) When you try to connect as a player to another GM, does that GM has his campaign up and running and waiting for players to connect? Do they have a "success" on the connection test? How are you connecting - alias or IP?
    2) When you host as a GM - do you have your campaign up and running fully - i.e. you see the FG desktop with all of your data loaded? How are your players trying to connect (IP or alias)? With FG running, campaign loaded and waiting for players to connect, go to https://canyouseeme.org/ enter port 1802 in "port to check" and click the "check port" button - what do you get in response?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe! Thanks for the quick response!

Turns out my issue was that i was putting in the IP Alias as my username and the host password as the alias
    Somehow i got the boxes mixed up in my head when joining a game for the first time again vs rejoining

anyways, all fixed now!

I can't get port forwarding to work and I have no idea why. Networking is not my thing. Can anyone tell me what stupidly obvious thing I got wrong in this picture? https://imgur.com/znRkcfZ

Blog Entries
    welcome young un.
    I cant see anything wrong with that graphic but there could be because it is only one piece of the information.
    Please read the first post and post answers (including screen shots) to the questions at the end of the post.

Thread Information