5E Character Create Playlist
Page 16 of 76 First ... 614151617182666 ... Last
    Skynet Remote is just the name of my local network for fun.

When the Connection Test does work, it does close port 1802 quickly.

I do not see port 1802 running after loading the campaign.

Blog Entries
    Can you connect to your game server from another computer on the same network? They may have changed something in the networking engine and the port doesnt continually advertise itself any more?

No, I can't even connect locally via localhost, or using my local IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    They may have changed something in the networking engine and the port doesnt continually advertise itself any more?
    I don't know how they'd do that and still get incoming connections.

Anyway, mine is shown listening on port 1802 when FG is running:

Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-NetTCPConnection -LocalPort 1802

LocalAddress                        LocalPort RemoteAddress                       RemotePort State       AppliedSetting
    ------------                        --------- -------------                       ---------- -----       --------------
    0.0.0.0                             1802      0.0.0.0                             0          Listen
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortani View Post
    No, I can't even connect locally via localhost, or using my local IP address.
    So, if you have one instance of your FG running - with a campaign fully loaded up. Then you start another instance on the same computer and "Join Game" with a server name of localhost it doesn't connect?

If so, then there is something on your computer that is blocking FG - check and double check that any security/anti-virus software allows connections on TCP port 1802 and allows FantasyGrounds.exe to access the network. Don't rely on just shutting these apps down - they very often still have some level of protection. If you already have the above port and .exe exceptions/allowances set, remove them and add them again.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Finally found what was causing the issue. Both Wiresharks Loopback adapter and adapters created by Vmware Workstation seem to have caused some conflict. While it might be nice to figure out how to get them to work together, I can live without them in favor of FG working!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortani View Post
    Finally found what was causing the issue. Both Wiresharks Loopback adapter and adapters created by Vmware Workstation seem to have caused some conflict. While it might be nice to figure out how to get them to work together, I can live without them in favor of FG working!
    Great news! Well tracked down.

Blog Entries
    I was able to use PureVPN in China about 4 months ago (last time I was there). I used it routinely for years. Every once and a while China makes the GFW even harder to get past, and no VPNs work. This is usually when there are the congress meetings in Beijing. It is possible that with the issues in Hong Kong they may be making is harder again. I will check.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries

PureVPN seems to be working fine

08ABEE35-6D1B-4444-8704-E983951836C6.jpeg

Seems to be working fine.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thanks for helping, Myrdin!

Thread Information