Starfinder Playlist
Page 75 of 76 First ... 256573747576 Last
    It all good Damned I just got the Ultimate license of unity and will run cloud games. I am DONE with the port forwarding stuff.

Fantasy Grounds stop working for me and for couple of friends today. I tried to launch my campain on FG 3.3.15 ULTIMATE, started connection test, but got a "failure" as result. My friends, who also own FG tried to do same thing with same result. Settings on port forwarding remains the same as usual, last week all worked fine.

Have you actually tried to connect or just used the built-in connection test?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Have you actually tried to connect or just used the built-in connection test?
    Both test and connection attempts fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterkalte View Post
    Fantasy Grounds stop working for me and for couple of friends today. I tried to launch my campain on FG 3.3.15 ULTIMATE, started connection test, but got a "failure" as result. My friends, who also own FG tried to do same thing with same result. Settings on port forwarding remains the same as usual, last week all worked fine.
    The information in post #1 will help you look at various things that could be causing an issue. If it worked OK last week then the most likely causes are:
    1. Your IP address has changed and your port forwarding is no longer 100% valid. Check your IP address is the same as the IP address used in your port forwarding.
    2. You network connection has changed from private to public (or vice versa).
    3. Your local security software is clocking FantasyGrounds.exe
    4. Your ISP has changed your connection to shared IP addresses which may make port forwarding no longer available.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The information in post #1 will help you look at various things that could be causing an issue. If it worked OK last week then the most likely causes are:
    1. Your IP address has changed and your port forwarding is no longer 100% valid. Check your IP address is the same as the IP address used in your port forwarding.
    2. You network connection has changed from private to public (or vice versa).
    3. Your local security software is clocking FantasyGrounds.exe
    4. Your ISP has changed your connection to shared IP addresses which may make port forwarding no longer available.
    1. IP of my PC is the same, as IP in router settings. Checked it first
    2. No. I do not changed anything.
    3. No :c
    4. They shoud not. My friends and me live in diffirent cities and we all have diffirent ISPs. It is strange if we they all simultaneously make same things with connection.

P.S. Sorry for my English, i do not speak it well

1. IP of my PC is the same, as IP in router settings. Checked it first
    2. No. I do not changed anything.
    3. No :c
    4. They shoud not. My friends and me live in diffirent cities and we all have diffirent ISPs. It is strange if we they all simultaneously make same things with connection.

P.S. Sorry for my English, i do not speak it well
    Even if you haven't changed anything, computer settings regarding networking and security can change without your input. So, in order to help further we'll need to check your settings, please provide answers to the 8 questions at the bottom of post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Even if you haven't changed anything, computer settings regarding networking and security can change without your input. So, in order to help further we'll need to check your settings, please provide answers to the 8 questions at the bottom of post #1.
    2.185.222. (FG); 100.64. (Router)
    3.Wired
    4.Yes, i did
    5.Yes, it does not block
    6.Clipboard 1.jpg
    7.Yes, router settings remains the same
    8.No, i don't have any NIC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Winterkalte; February 6th, 2022 at 17:53.

There have been no releases/changes to FGC in 11 months; and the FGC software only connects to the FG server for connection test and aliasing. Other than that, all network communications between two instances of FGC are completely between the player and GM machines.

If there is another machine on the GM's local network, you can try installing FGC on that machine, and connecting to the "Internal IP" address of the GM machine as a player. This will verify that the GM host machine is available on the network, and is not being blocked by a local firewall.

Once the GM machine is verified to be available on the local network, try having another player (that can successfully connect to another game) try to connect to the GM machine over the Internet using the "External IP" address (not alias). If you don't have someone that can do this, you can have the GM host and provide their external IP address to test. (either here or via PM/support)

Regards,
    JPG

2.185.222. (FG); 100.64. (Router)
    This appears to be the issue - your "public" IP address is being reported as starting with 186.222, but your router is using 100.64 which is a private shared IP address - info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4_shared_address_space

This means that your public IP address (186.222..) is being shared with multiple people - and therefore when a FG player instance tries to connect to that IP address, the network routing doesn't know how to connect through to you. You could contact your ISP and ask for a unique public IP address, or you could look into using a VPN that allows port forwarding - I haven't used one with FGC for at least 2 years, so I don't know what VPN works with FGC today. Or, you could swap to using FG Unity, which doesn't use port forwarding.

Thread Information