FG Spreadshirt Swag

Latest Update 3.3.7 - Map images with pins, not showing in maximized setting.

Thank-you for continuing to support the development of FG.

The new menu buttons on top of an image are helpful (Maximize and Minimize image) for quickly navigating around a large map. However, when one expands the image to full size any pins (internal links) within that image disappear - however they do reappear when you minimize the map again (so not catastrophic). But, I presume not the behaviour that you were anticipating.

In my example I have a small scale city map which has a pin (link) for each building, when I use the new Maximize window menu button all those pins (links) disappear from the expanded map, they will reappear when I drop down again. Having this function (Maximize/Minimize) while maintaining the pin (links) visibility would be very helpful for quickly finding the right building on the map with a quick hover over the pin.

I wonder if it is possible to centre the active map on a pin link, if that building is selected on the list of buildings in the DOE: Locations extension, similar to centring the map on a PC or NPC when using the combat tracker? Too much to ask?

Thank-you again for all your hard work on behalf of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsSoNoc View Post
    The new menu buttons on top of an image are helpful (Maximize and Minimize image) for quickly navigating around a large map. However, when one expands the image to full size any pins (internal links) within that image disappear - however they do reappear when you minimize the map again (so not catastrophic). But, I presume not the behaviour that you were anticipating.
    Are you using the enhanced image or other image layer extension? If so, you will only see links, tokens, drawing and pointers inserted on the bottom layer when you use the two new background image options.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsSoNoc View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to centre the active map on a pin link, if that building is selected on the list of buildings in the DOE: Locations extension, similar to centring the map on a PC or NPC when using the combat tracker? Too much to ask?
    The FG API doesn't support much with the pushpin links - including getting the pin related to a record and getting that pins location. So, yeah, too much to ask I'm afraid! You could check the wishlist and vote for (or add an entry for) such functionality.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 18th, 2018 at 22:14.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe: Thanks for the quick reply. Layers is the correct answer - in the expanded format the map image does not support layers beyond the lowest layer. Mid and highest level map layers do not display pins (annoying but now I know).

Another more serious (at least to me) issue has now appeared - the following extensions are no longer working as they have in the past DOE: Locations (critical, as I am populating a map with POI, and I have numerous entries already), DOE: Organizations (less critical because I have yet to begin filling these in during world building - but will need functionality soon), DOE: Sounds (I have yet to play with this extension - low priority).

The extensions appear as clickable links on the right hand navigation pane, but now display blank windows when clicked.

All the information that I have already 'pinned' to maps remains so pinned links but, I can't add any more pin (links) through DOE: Locations.

Q: Is this something that requires the original developer to address?
    Q: Until this 'feature/bug' has been addressed officially - where do the map links that I created already, point too within the database(s) - I can't seem to locate the parent files.

If you have *any* issues with community extensions the first place to go is the thread for the relevant extension/s. Check the most up to date info for the extension and let the community developer of the extension know of only issues not already reported.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Merci buckets

Thread Information