FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    This tiny extension automates the edge Brutal in Lankhmar, feel free to add it into the default package Talyn. Thanks to Ikael for the pointers.

Lankhmar Brutal.ext

Blog Entries
    I'm in the process of revamping Lankhmar, and will be including all One Sheets for the base product (SWADE anyway).

Don't think I can create a poll as a comment, so:
    1) Include them in the GM Guide along with the Savage Tales that are already there?
    2) Pull the Savage Tales out of the GM Guide and create a separate .mod with Savage Tales, One Sheets, and Triple Cross (the Test Drive adventure) ???

Leaning towards #2 but can go either way...

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I'm in the process of revamping Lankhmar, and will be including all One Sheets for the base product (SWADE anyway).

Don't think I can create a poll as a comment, so:
    1) Include them in the GM Guide along with the Savage Tales that are already there?
    2) Pull the Savage Tales out of the GM Guide and create a separate .mod with Savage Tales, One Sheets, and Triple Cross (the Test Drive adventure) ???

Leaning towards #2 but can go either way...
    I prefer having Adventure separated out. It's easier to organize after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    I prefer having Adventure separated out. It's easier to organize after that.
    I agree - easier to organise and unload seperate adventures.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough, and that sticks with SmiteWorks' policy as well. Once I decide on a name for the module, I will see if @Ikael will include a migration in the ruleset beforehand to accommodate the removal of Triple Cross and the Savage Tales to the new module.

I have a suggestion, since FGC is sinking into the sunset - perhaps you could also include the hi-resolution Nehwon and Lankhmar maps in a future update, I have already done this for myself, extracting the images from the PDF, but it would be nice to have it for everyone. Lankhmar in hi-res with some mist, clouds and other effects looks great.

Blog Entries
    Lankhmar (SWADE)
    • [Updated] Near-total rework of both reference manual with v4.x (Unity-only!) markup. New organization for Player Guide more closely mimics that of the SWADE Player Guide for consistency. Chapter numbers removed for readability within the index pane; all chapter references now use the text names.
    • [Removed] Arcane Background registration removed from extension.
    • [Added] Arcane Backgrounds now included in the Player Guide using the new AB functionality in the SWADE v5.4.1+ ruleset.
    • [Fixed] A few circumstances of Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (Religion) somehow persisted. Changed to Occult.
    • [Fixed] Two instances of Knowledge (Forgery) changed to Academics.
    • [Fixed] The Arcane Skill text was a duplicate of the Learning New Powers text.
    • [Fixed] Ballista reload is 4 in the box but note was 1.
    • [Fixed] Racial Abilities moved from root node to reference node.
    • [Added] Racial Abilities list to library

This is just Part I of the 'revamp' -- next will be removing the two Savage Tales from the GM Guide and creating a new standalone module that contains the Savage Tales and One Sheets. I'm also hoping PEG can provide some improved-quality images. I still have the assets they sent me but two I'd like were not included. Some additional automation scripting may also be in the next (or so) updates, including the Brutal edge that @Jiminimonka sent.

Edit: Forgot two items!
    • [Removed] Old chapter header images from PDF
    • [Added] New 'header' frame texture (thanks @damned for helping me get most of the math/tiling fixed)

I left the 'header' font the standard black, however. I came this close to making it white with a black dropshadow but that would also affect any header fonts in non-Lankhmar reference manuals so just in case that caused a problem, for now I'm leaving it alone. So yeah, it makes the header font slightly more difficult to read.
    Last edited by Talyn; September 10th, 2021 at 16:20. Reason: Fixed @Jiminimonka's name :D

Nice work! Thanks Talyn

Blog Entries
    I think I came up with a solution to the header text being slightly more difficult to read with the new 'header' texture! I've been trying to think of some reason to use the secondary header texture from the book but nothing ever came up til now ... I used it to overwrite the 'swade' frame texture, which in turn allows me to set the header font to white with a dropshadow. Here's the Lankhmar Player Guide and the SWADE Player Guide behind it.

Only potential downside is any other reference manual that does not use some type of frame texture on the header may run into a white font not being very readable. But I will be including this change in the next update to the extension, and will rely on feedback to keep it or drop it.

I also have the preliminary coding to add the Lankhmar currencies to a campaign. Right now it only adds them to new campaigns, so I have it disabled. I also need to have them added to the character sheets, and if possible, create a migration function to add them to existing characters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    EXTENSION
    • [Added] Replaced 'swade' frame texture with texture from Pinnacle's art asset pack.
    • [Fixed] Set 'header' font to white color with black dropshadow to more closely mimic the book appearance.
    • [Fixed] Adjusted 'reference-h' font size from 24 to 22 pixels.

PLAYER GUIDE
    • [Fixed] Arcane Background Edges 'type' changed to 'Background Edge'
    • [Fixed] Arcane Background (Elemental Magic) and (White Magic) were missing markup for new drag/drop features.
    • [Fixed] Vehicle record nodes updated to current ruleset requirements
    • [Fixed] Vehicle Table overhauled to match SWADE Player Guide layout
    Last edited by Talyn; September 16th, 2021 at 17:21.

Thread Information