DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last

Blog Entries

Lankhmar Feedback & Updates

This will be the "official" thread for discussing the Lankhmar setting DLC. Patch notes will be posted here as well.

Blog Entries
    I'll start this off by reposting the previous patch notes for the 1.2 update, then we'll continue as normal here.

=====

• Optimized the reference manual code so the file size is reduced.
    • GM's Guide now has every NPC from the PDF built in and ready* for play. No idea why I only included the Savage Tales NPCs originally, but now they're all there! *Certain NPCs in the book were intended to be customized, so they may not have all the edges, hindrances, skills and weapons. Read their text before loading them into an encounter!
    • all NPCs have been totally rebuilt for the new NPC features that v4.4+ of the Savage Worlds ruleset provides
    • The Lankhmar version of all Powers now have the Combat Modifier as part of the database entries rather than storing it in Power Points.
    • added a new "epigraph" refblock for the epigraphs on certain pages in the reference manual just to be fancy instead of replacing the graphic of an existing refblock.
    • added the header font used in the PDF
    • all data nodes have been brought up to 2017 DLC standards, such that they are. Heads up! -- this one has the potential for a negative impact on existing campaigns. Usually when dragging something onto a character, or whatever, that data is duplicated and those will still work just fine. There are a few cases, however, where rather than duplicating the data, the link to the data node is placed on the character instead, and in those few cases, those links will no longer work. If you encounter this, delete the nonworking link and copy the new one onto your character. I realize this one will be contentious for some users. I went back and forth over this decision, and it wasn't something I took lightly, but ended up deciding that possibly causing a little pain now would be better than possibly a lot of pain later, especially once I get the Lankhmar supplements produced. I hit every single data node, so this will be a one-time occurrence and the DLC should be future-proofed from here on out. I've learned a lot in the past year since originally producing the Lankhmar DLC (my first one ever) so I hope this decision is understood and I hope it causes as little inconvenience as possible.

Regarding the Casting Modifier, that is not yet included as part of the script automation. The groundwork to do so is there right now, but that will be something for v1.3. So for the time being, Casting Modifiers will need to be manually set in the modifiers window.

v1.3 ToDo List:
    • Automate the Casting Modifier into the roller script
    • Possibly include custom Lankhmar bennies? Pinnacle gave me the graphics, I just have to get them into the FG icon layout and decide if they look good or not.

Blog Entries
    Extension
    • [Updated] Now supports both SWD and SWADE rulesets

Player Guide
    • [Updated] First set of data tweaks to support both SWD and SWADE rulesets

GM Guide & Triple Cross
    • [Updated] NPC data and associated links to reflect SWADE changes

NOTE: These are part of the SWADE ruleset beta test and will not be pushed until the beta begins.
    Last edited by Talyn; January 1st, 2019 at 16:08. Reason: Add SWADE note

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Extension
    • [Updated] Now supports both SWD and SWADE rulesets

Player Guide
    • [Updated] First set of data tweaks to support both SWD and SWADE rulesets

GM Guide & Triple Cross
    • [Updated] NPC data and associated links to reflect SWADE changes
    Nice... Posting Tuesday?

Note that these changes will be part of SWADE Beta-testing and will go live only after it.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    Player Guide
    • City of Lankhmar map is now larger (951x1487) per the graphical assets provided by Pinnacle.
    • New City of Lankhmar map with no legend/key now provided, same resolution as above.

Excellent news on these updates, great work!!!!
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Blog Entries
    Lankhmar v1.25 — SWD Edition

Extension
    • Joker's Wild defaults on ON per setting rule; GM can override

Player's Guide
    • Total overhaul of the reference manual to reflect current standards which did not exist when LCoT was released in 2016. This greatly enhances the ability to read/share a single refpage on a topic instead of the wall of text in the previous version. A few minor text formatting issues were corrected, and the new layout allowed me to include a few epigraphs from the manuscript that the older layout forced me to omit.
    • Powers now have effects, where applicable.
    • Several lists updated to the newer CoreRPG list types to reduce code and make FG do the work. Edges and Hindrances lists now contain the published footnotes.

GM Guide
    • Minor overhaul to reference manual, not nearly as drastic as the Player's Guide.
    • Updated most lists to the newer CoreRPG list types to reduce code and make FG do the work.
    • The maps of Nehwon and Lankhmar (keyed and unkeyed) recently added to the Player's Guide also added to the GM Guide so GMs wishing to use these maps do not need to load the Player's Guide.
    • Savage Tales added to Story window.
    • A few NPCs somehow dodged the SWADE-compatibility scripts. Got 'em this time.
    • Added some tokens.

Triple Cross
    • New thumbnail
    • QOL tweaks to Credits refpage

Consider this a "partial" v1.25. This is the SWD update, though for now, LCoT remains available for both rulesets. Pinnacle just released the SWADE conversion so the next update will see a SWADE-exclusive version of the Player and GM Guides with all the changes included, then the existing modules will be switched to SWD-exclusive to avoid any confusion of which data goes to which ruleset.
    Last edited by Talyn; May 31st, 2019 at 02:18.

Glad this is still getting updated.
    Thanks for the fixes and such!!!
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Blog Entries
    Lankhmar was my first-ever FG project so I'll always have a sweet spot for it. Once the SWADE edition is out, I'll (finally!) get started on the other books.

Thread Information