FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 14 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Well, we're still under orders to develop in Classic for now. If you happen to have a link to PEG saying SWADE Lankhmar is official, that'd help me get SmiteWorks to agree. Hopefully.
    I realize that is more work on you folks on the development side but some of us on the consumer side still love FGC over FGU. It's a much more stable program to use and rarely has the bugs I run into on the FGU side. When I do run FGU, I often use FGC to build the campaigns to carry over to FGU. In fact, all of my SW games are FGC only. I only use FGU for PF and D&D. If FGC had the new FGU map features, I would otherwise never use FGU. I am personally grateful for the work you continue to do on it.

Blog Entries
    Posted yesterday in Discord by Doug (it's possibly here on the forum too; I didn't look):

Beginning on June 24, 2021, Fantasy Grounds Classic will no longer receive any product updates or DLC releases. Please consider upgrading to Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    After June 24, we can begin developing in FGU and not worry if it works in FGC or not. The caveat is that Doug specified to all the DLC Devs that if anything needed to be pushed to FGC, we need to get it done before that date as the "final patch" for Classic.

Edit: Official forum announcement was made a few minutes ago...
    Last edited by Talyn; June 4th, 2021 at 14:27.

Good news all around methinks. Apart from the Community Devs having to push the FGC finals....

Blog Entries
    Considering dropping the Lankhmar font (Windlass) from the product before the 24th... opinions?

Considering dropping the Lankhmar font (Windlass) from the product before the 24th... opinions?
    Why?

Seems fine to me (after some initial problems which are not dealt with).

Blog Entries
    Readability mainly. Generally speaking, I like the font, especially in the physical books, but I'm growing less and less convinced that Windlass works as well on FG.

My vote would be to keep it, it's part of the theme for the setting.

Blog Entries
    Player's Guide (SWADE)
    • [Fixed] Lantern item linked to the wrong Hazard rule
    • [Fixed] Typo on FG Edition Notes refpage
    • [Updated] Powers revised from updated SWADE PG, including effects and modifiers, except the Additional Recipients and Area of Effect modifiers that are specifically not used in Lankhmar.
    • [Fixed] Powers locked
    • [Added] Disguise and Fly powers added

This will be the final update for Classic. I was hoping to get more done but we're extremely understaffed at work and I just didn't end up having the time to finish all the bits I wanted to do before the cutoff on the 24th. I have not uploaded this patch yet, as I am awaiting confirmation from @Ikael on the effects for two of the Lankhmar powers, but it will be uploaded by end of today one way or the other.

Note about the modifiers: just as they do currently already, the updated modifiers read the same as the SWADE powers, ie. they're expressed in Power Points. Per the Lankhmar rules, simply convert those into Casting Modifiers with the same number, just negative. In an ideal world, I would like to have those re-written purely in Casting Modifier terms but that's a larger project and would require approval from PEG for the re-writes since it's their copyrighted material. For the new Lankhmar powers, I added the generic (per SWADE) Range modifier to any power with a range greater than Touch. Disguise and Fly were my choice, and they are not on the Lankhmar power list but seemed like they'd fit in with the setting and were not overpowered or pewpew battlemage spells. Fly could be debatable, and I can always remove them in a later patch if GMs decide they don't fit.

Player's Guide (SWADE)
    • [Fixed] Lantern item linked to the wrong Hazard rule
    • [Fixed] Typo on FG Edition Notes refpage
    • [Updated] Powers revised from updated SWADE PG, including effects and modifiers, except the Additional Recipients and Area of Effect modifiers that are specifically not used in Lankhmar.
    • [Fixed] Powers locked
    • [Added] Disguise and Fly powers added

This will be the final update for Classic. I was hoping to get more done but we're extremely understaffed at work and I just didn't end up having the time to finish all the bits I wanted to do before the cutoff on the 24th. I have not uploaded this patch yet, as I am awaiting confirmation from @Ikael on the effects for two of the Lankhmar powers, but it will be uploaded by end of today one way or the other.

Note about the modifiers: just as they do currently already, the updated modifiers read the same as the SWADE powers, ie. they're expressed in Power Points. Per the Lankhmar rules, simply convert those into Casting Modifiers with the same number, just negative. In an ideal world, I would like to have those re-written purely in Casting Modifier terms but that's a larger project and would require approval from PEG for the re-writes since it's their copyrighted material. For the new Lankhmar powers, I added the generic (per SWADE) Range modifier to any power with a range greater than Touch. Disguise and Fly were my choice, and they are not on the Lankhmar power list but seemed like they'd fit in with the setting and were not overpowered or pewpew battlemage spells. Fly could be debatable, and I can always remove them in a later patch if GMs decide they don't fit.
    The update landed today, although I am not seeing the Fly and Disguise powers listed in Lankhmar powers.

Blog Entries
    I'm seeing the same behavior. The powers are there and can be seen in the master Powers window but they're not populating on the list in the Player Guide links. I'm looking into it.

Thread Information