5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help? Bought Ultimate Subscription but still showing Demo.

Hello all,

My daughter who is now 20 and out of the house is trying to DM a game for us and she bought the ultimate subscription and some content. DM and PH plus and adventure. I got a basic subscription. I can create a campaign, but becuase she can't share books, we need her to host the game.

For some reason her install still says DEMO and only option for new Demo campaign, while mine says New Campaign. She cannot save her campaign I guess for that reason. She did get the key and put it in, but for some reason, It's not recognized.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help

Tom

Did she put her license key into setup and run an update?

Hi, this is actually the daughter. Lol. I followed the directions on the file it gave me and put it in and updated it a couple times but it's still just showing up as demo.

Hi, this is actually the daughter. Lol. I followed the directions on the file it gave me and put it in and updated it a couple times but it's still just showing up as demo.
    Sorry meant to reply the first time.

Make sure that the license key is only placed in the top box in settings and that there is nothing in the second box. Make sure the license key has no leading or extra spaces as well. Make sure also that you have entered the correct username and password in settings as well. Once you are sure all that is correct do an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Make sure that the license key is only placed in the top box in settings and that there is nothing in the second box. Make sure the license key has no leading or extra spaces as well. Make sure also that you have entered the correct username and password in settings as well. Once you are sure all that is correct do an update.
    Hi, thanks for responding so quickly. I followed your advice but it's still showing that I just have the demo.

Blog Entries
    You said subscription... by chance did you cancel the subscription even though you had time left on it? Unfortunately, PayPal sends the cancellation notice immediately without telling the SmiteWorks servers that their is time left on the subscription so the system cancels it immediately.

If that's the case, contact [email protected] and they can get you your remaining time. You can also send them your license key and they can verify its active.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You said subscription... by chance did you cancel the subscription even though you had time left on it? Unfortunately, PayPal sends the cancellation notice immediately without telling the SmiteWorks servers that their is time left on the subscription so the system cancels it immediately.

If that's the case, contact [email protected] and they can get you your remaining time. You can also send them your license key and they can verify its active.
    I actually haven't tried to cancel the subscription. I just got it yesterday.

Could it be because I bought a normal subscription and then decided to buy an ultimate?

Quote Originally Posted by bagnetti View Post
    Could it be because I bought a normal subscription and then decided to buy an ultimate?
    No, but make sure that the ONLY license key that you have entered is the Ultimate one. It is vitally important that there is nothing in the second box in settings.

Just to make sure you will have received a new license key when you upgraded and if it's a subscription it will be sent on the email account you use for PayPal.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information