DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Premade Adventure

I just bought the Princes of the Apocalypse campaign and I was looking through the content. I noticed that none of the maps are masked and that some of the grids are off. I also noticed that everything is identified. Do I need to go into the maps and unidentify them and mask them or when players log in will all that be there? I have never run a premade campaign before only home brew ones so this is new to me.

Yes, you do need to do some preparation. None of the maps are masked because that information is kept only locally in a campaign. SO before sharing the map you should add the mask yourself. The grids should be fine; if you can point to any where they are off I can take a look. And yes everything is identified by default. If you don't want the players to see the name of the map click the ID Icon until it shows red and then they will see 'Unidentified Image' or the name that you gave it if you edit the right hand name at the top of the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As far as I remember there was a recent change in the fantasy grounds engine, whereas items were set to ‚identified‘ by default.
    You can still change the status manually, if you want to. The grid being off scale is sadly something, which could happen with some copy/paste maps from PDFs. If I convert modules on my own, I use this fanastic ‚map align‘ piece of software, to make it fit:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid
    If you don‘t mask player maps, they will be fully shown to the players. Sometimes, this can be desired.
    For towns and dungeons I like those to be masked. For overland maps, I usually have them fully shown - however without landmarks, and only the main roads. Using cartography software like Campaign Cartographer, this can be done in a breeze.
    I‘ve to admit that my expectations are high, and my self made modules have lots of details which are lacking sometimes in purchased modules.
    When I have to redo 20% or more of a purchased module, I sometimes think I would have been better off to convert it myself. I often do so..
    Last edited by Targas; December 15th, 2018 at 09:53.

Thanks for the comments this all helped alot

Quick question about the into the wilderness section of chapter 6. Other then Lance Rock/Necromancer's Cave there are no maps for the other encounters am I supposed to make those myself?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Percias View Post
    Quick question about the into the wilderness section of chapter 6. Other then Lance Rock/Necromancer's Cave there are no maps for the other encounters am I supposed to make those myself?
    Well, if you had bought the print copy you would have to come up with maps yourself. But thanks to Mr Z, those of us using FG get this; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5107-PotA-Maps

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks again

Thread Information