5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Strongholds & Followers by Matt Colville

Has anyone heard if there is a planned Strongholds & Followers .mod for FG?
    I like the pdf and am considering starting my own .mod if there isn't a planned FG release.

Thanks

Not sure - my guess is that with getting things out from his kickstarter and finishing the print version, he probably hasn't been able to sort out a person do to the conversion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    Not sure - my guess is that with getting things out from his kickstarter and finishing the print version, he probably hasn't been able to sort out a person do to the conversion.
    Did they ever talk about making an FG version? I couldn't find any mention of such when I tried looking...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No they didn't but I know Matt uses FG and likes the program - plus if he could get an FG version created I'm sure he'd like the income, so I can't imagine he wouldn't want it on FG. I can easily see that he just doesn't have the time to convert a 265 page document over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    No they didn't but I know Matt uses FG and likes the program - plus if he could get an FG version created I'm sure he'd like the income, so I can't imagine he wouldn't want it on FG. I can easily see that he just doesn't have the time to convert a 265 page document over.
    Does he need the income? Didn't he get an assload from Kickstarter or am I thinking about the wrong person?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

On his Twitch stream today he mentioned that he was looking into getting it on FG. No promises or dates we're given though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Does he need the income? Didn't he get an assload from Kickstarter or am I thinking about the wrong person?
    Per the kickstarter, he got 2.1 million. That counts as two assloads in my book.

I'm well aware of the kickstarter and I never said "need," instead I said "like." Leveraging an additional source of income from a product that is already created can't hurt.

Blog Entries
    Don't forget, the KS was not just for the book, it was also to support the next stream;
    A 5th Edition supplement for building Strongholds and attracting Followers! And we're raising money to livestream my next campaign!
    And all the stretch goals were to make the book longer;
    The core release is 128 pages, hardcover, but the content and page count increase with each stretch goal!
    And all the rewards were stickers, t-shirts, and swag.

I wouldn't expect an FG module to be free, regardless of how profitable the core product was. Here's what the FAQ says;
    【Q】Have you considered adding the Strongholds & Followers supplement to D&D Beyond, or to virtual tabletop platforms like Fantasy Grounds or Roll20?
    【A】The highest platform demanded seems to be Fantasy Grounds, and we're talking with them. Big supporters of their platform!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Per the kickstarter, he got 2.1 million. That counts as two assloads in my book.
    Yes and the majority of stuff backed was physical product.
    He will get paid ut of this but there is no way he is taking home a huge chunk of that - there is two assloads of products to make and send to people.

Thread Information