DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 18 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    P.S. If anyone wants to crack open my extension and figure out to support the damage part of Shocking Image, you have my permissions and blessing. If you get something working, let me know and I'll integrate it back into my code.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I agree. Any spell or ability that works like mirror image (such as the Trickery domain ability among others) can use this extension. I have no plans to support the damage portion of Shocking Image. As you said, it can be handled manually.
    Sorry, should have been clearer.

I'm not talking about the damage portion. I'm talking about the part that removes one of the images. That doesn't work for Shocking Image.

I've tried naming the effect 'Shocking Image' and 'shocking image' and in neither case does it work.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Sorry, should have been clearer.

I'm not talking about the damage portion. I'm talking about the part that removes one of the images. That doesn't work for Shocking Image.

I've tried naming the effect 'Shocking Image' and 'shocking image' and in neither case does it work.
    You could name that effect for the automation still mirror image May only be a problem when casting both, not sure

Just use "mirror image" for that. Shocking Image isn't the only spell that uses that mechanic (Copycat from Trickery domain for example), and it would be silly to support every single spell name that has that game mechanic.
    Last edited by darrenan; January 18th, 2021 at 17:28.

ok. That makes sense

Just a note that if a player has another form of miss chance (say concealment from blur) this extension will not automate for you. I assume this is complicated - but wanted to point it out in case anyone else wondered if things were suddenly broken due to an update - make sure you don't have other miss chances going on before - and if you do expect that mirror image will need manual help.

@Ckorik are you saying the having both a CONC effect and mirror image stack on the same actor is not working correctly? I haven't noticed anything misbehaving. Could provide specifics about what is not working correctly please? It might be fixable.

EDIT: I tested this locally and it seems to be working correctly for me.

mirror image plus blur.jpg
    Last edited by darrenan; February 9th, 2021 at 16:28.

I'm sorry - I thought it was the blur - it was in fact that the effect must be all lower case - that is STACK; Mirror Image results in not working - but STACK; mirror image does work

I did further testing tonight and validated this.

Yeah, I'm using a utility function from EffectsManager that is case sensitive. I supposed I could try to figure out a way to get around that....nah.

yeah that's fair and I have no issues working around it - might be helpful to note in the first post to help anyone that might run into the issue in a few months or so though

Thread Information