STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Anyone ran "The Enemy Within" Warhammer campaign via FG yet?

I would like to convert this to FG, I would be curious how long it took anyone else to data enter/prepare and what their experience was with getting all the text into FG.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Just saw this which i will be following closely: https://cubicle7.co.uk/more-warhamme...-enemy-within/
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

I would love to see that one in FG. It's just soooo big a module it would definitely take some commitment. Plus, not sure you could "share" it due to copy write issues???

I converted a short module called For Love of Money. It didn't take too long. Mainly copy paste from a PDF and then make some maps and tokens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfront View Post
    I would love to see that one in FG. It's just soooo big a module it would definitely take some commitment. Plus, not sure you could "share" it due to copy write issues???

I converted a short module called For Love of Money. It didn't take too long. Mainly copy paste from a PDF and then make some maps and tokens.
    When you say "not sure you could" you mean "you cant"...
    Its definitely copyright and you cannot share it without express permission.

Yes, quite familiar with the copyright reasons, was more interested if its been done and how it went using FG since its not an official ruleset.
    With Cubicle 7 releasing a new version of that campaign, I will base my conversion on that version (DIBS if for some reason we get green-lit for this).
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grimm182 View Post
    Yes, quite familiar with the copyright reasons, was more interested if its been done and how it went using FG since its not an official ruleset.
    With Cubicle 7 releasing a new version of that campaign, I will base my conversion on that version (DIBS if for some reason we get green-lit for this).
    So firstly there is a Warhammer 4E FRPG ruleset in progress.
    It is very likely that this will be a fully licensed and official ruleset - I believe the dev is working towards a free content less version - like the 4E ruleset - plus the full sourcebook version.

Secondly - it is my personal belief that a ruleset author (as the ruleset and reference manual is a far far more time consuming endeavor than an adventure conversion) should have first dibs on an adventure conversion.
    But that is both only my opinion and it is not yet known whether the author has any interest in doing the conversion...

Id suggest that you approach Cato and sound out his thoughts on the matter. He may even have started some adventures already.
    Mind you it would ultimately be a decision to be made by SmiteWorks and only after a license agreement was in place.

Thanks damned!, great advice as usual, and this interests me greatly, so I will follow up.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

I have GMed a lot of adventures that do not exist in FG as official products (all Warhammer 40k and Conan 2d20 with many Call of Cthulhu) and I only upload what I need for the adventure - Images, NPCs etc. This saves a lot of time.

I always upload in Realm Works first, so the time needed to put things into FG is minimized.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    So firstly there is a Warhammer 4E FRPG ruleset in progress.
    It is very likely that this will be a fully licensed and official ruleset - I believe the dev is working towards a free content less version - like the 4E ruleset - plus the full sourcebook version.
    I would be extremely Happy, if this was to happen. We are old WFRP players who decided to roleplay again after more than 15 years. The only reason we play 5E is that it is integrated into Fantasy Grounds so well and because there are so many prepared modules. Therefore I am in full favour for cubicle 7 and smiteworks to work together.

Blog Entries
    If you are just inputting enough of a module to play, I find that the most time is in making the NPC and encounters.

I usually do almost store release level of conversion and if the NPC are already available (like in the MM or SRD for 5e D&D), as long as the maps don’t need a lot of work to grid align I can knock off tne average one-shot in 4-5 hours of work which doubles as reading prep time.

That is sitting in front of tne computer and concentrating on what I am doing and getting all the text in.

If I am distracted or have to stop and start, then it takes about twice that.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information