DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

SFS #1-12: Ashes of Discovery Sun December 9 @ 1.30 PM GMT

As there is a slight chance that we might have to take a break for 20-30 minutes, please schedule around 5 hours instead of the usual 4 hours for the game.

Tier 1-4. Subtier will depend on the players.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

When a major Pact Worlds organization approaches the Starfinder Society about investigating an abandoned outpost in Near Space, the PCs get assigned to the case. Travelling to a distant world, surmounting dangerous threats in the void of space, and meeting new alien cultures—this mission is about everything the Starfinder Society embodies.

Ashes of Discovery is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to what it's like to be a member of the Starfinder Society. With randomized mechanical and story elements, when you play this scenario, you'll never play the same scenario twice.

Written by Crystal Malarsky and John Laffan

Scenario Tags: Repeatable, Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar, stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annonoucements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

In the interest of an efficient use of time, you might want to discuss starship roles in advance.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.
    Last edited by stephan_; December 5th, 2018 at 23:50.

signed up: pregen4, class to supplement and/or round out party.

(gm has last chronicle: sfs-0108)
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Cool! I am signed up with Wex but am happy running a level 1 if you want to make it a tier 1-2.

Signed up..

Can play a new playtest class 4/pregen per blog! or my 3rd Mechanic.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Alright, it looks like subtier 3-4 so far.

Four people already signed up (3 on FG, 1 outside).

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Signed up..

Can play a new playtest class 4/pregen per blog! or my 3rd Mechanic.

Madman..
    Sure, just two caveats: You might have to build the playtest pregen yourself and I would appreciate it if you could tell me the specific class one day before the game so I can read up on it.

halfling bounty hunter lv3 i don't have chronicle sheet. how do i get on you TS?
    Last edited by SirTristan; December 6th, 2018 at 10:59.

You can find the technical details in the game calendar (under technical details in the GM announcements).

Be aware that SFS requires you to have the appropriate chronicle sheets if you want to play a character with a level higher than 1 (see SFS guide).

Update: 6-7 players have signed up so far (4 on FG, 3 outside).

As sometimes players can't make it last-minute, unless anyone has any objections, I would at the moment accept all seven. If all show up it will not be ideal but still a legal table.
    Last edited by stephan_; December 6th, 2018 at 12:37.

Cassie will stay as backup in case anyone drops out

what is the success condition for having done a scenario, i.e. what percentage of it does a player need to complete?

with 1-2 additional on waitlist, it seems a table of 7 would be most likely. i’m guessing from experience that a max-plus-one table like this may very well run over the 4-hour recommended mark to complete a scenario (i know gm included caveat in game posting that it would likely be the case of taking 5 hours.)

i need to leave around after 4.5 hours — would i be considered having completed the scenario? i know this is how it is for pfs if player was present for the 4-hour duration.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thread Information