DICE PACKS BUNDLE

West March games and multiple GMs

Hi,
    how would you handle west march games and multiple GMs with FG?

I can think about a couple of ways to make it work, but I am not sure how FG will perform.
    1) Have one big campaign, where all PCs are stored. But I see some problems when there will be multiple at the same time.
    2) Create a new campaign for every session. But it would need an option to have some campaigns where you design the encounters/NPCs/parcels/maps and import it to the campaign you want to play. Players would export their chars afterwards and import them in other campaigns.
    3) Have a master campaign where everything will be designed and "fork" it on demand and merge PCs and progress by hand.

How would you handle it?
    Currently we talk about 3 GMs and >25PCs.

Speaking about forking: Maybe it would be an idea to have a git repository for the master campaign. You just need to be careful when merging, to not kill the data structure.

Welcome to the Forums and FG Community. Honestly the best way I can see this is #3 using a git repo to share between the GM's, even better if you could find a solution that allows you to check our the data so that the other two GM's can't make changes or at least are aware that somebody is working on it.

Can you explain ‚West March Games‘ ? You know, you can zip a campaign folder, which would consist of all data, including player characters, and copy it to another computer to either duplicate it, or have it as a backup? In the end there needs to be ‚one golden image‘ - or zip - where all changes of the other campaigns would need to be incorporated, so it would require some effort for tracking. I can‘t recommend sharing a campaign folder, as the database structure is likely to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Welcome to the Forums and FG Community. Honestly the best way I can see this is #3 using a git repo to share between the GM's, even better if you could find a solution that allows you to check our the data so that the other two GM's can't make changes or at least are aware that somebody is working on it.
    Hi,
    thank you for the warm welcome.
    Yes, thats what Zacchaeus told me in the chat. I guess we will do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    Can you explain ‚West March Games‘ ? You know, you can zip a campaign folder, which would consist of all data, including player characters, and copy it to another computer to either duplicate it, or have it as a backup? In the end there needs to be ‚one golden image‘ - or zip - where all changes of the other campaigns would need to be incorporated, so it would require some effort for tracking. I can‘t recommend sharing a campaign folder, as the database structure is likely to crash.
    Best is you check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAC-gBoX9k
    Matt gives a GREAT description.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Say hello to the guys at Sleeper Island.
    They have several dozen GMs and many hundreds of players.
    https://discord.gg/NeJ42V
    Uuhhh sweet.. Thanks a lot.

Blog Entries
    Yeah... talk with the Sleeper Island group. They may be willing to share their secrets to running this kind of a game.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by KervyN View Post
    Best is you check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAC-gBoX9k
    Matt gives a GREAT description.
    Thanks. Comprehensive. Played it at 1.25 speed to digest it quicker, although running the vid at 1.5x speed would‘ve probably being more fun.

Some ideas are not new, but I like the concept and thought of some myself before. Btw. another nice approach comes from 13th Age, using ‚montage scenes‘. That is the players themselves telling their story clockwise, each describing a challenge and the next player how they‘ve overcome it.

Thread Information