DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Monsters and Treasure - Seems to be missing several tables

I'm looking through the monsters and treasure tables, and it seems to be missing tables for things such as tiered Treasure Types from monster encounters, expert weapons, and a variety of others. Also, the parcels created by Table 4.3: Weapons don't link to the actual gear referenced (sometimes referencing non-existent gear like the special sword "Frost Bane") - they just create a parcel with a text reference to it (maybe I don't understand parcels, I haven't used them yet).

I've tried deleting the module and redownloading - is my somehow module bugged, or is this just the current state of the module? If I have to fix and populate my own tables, that's fine, I just want to make sure before I put in the time.
    Last edited by intervolver; December 11th, 2018 at 22:34.

Blog Entries
    The Treasure Types tables are a (very slow) Work In Progress. I haven't quite worked out a way to pull them off without creating a HUGE mess in the tables window. I have one partially working but I'm not happy with it yet. I'm sure TLGs tables work fine IRL (maybe?) but they're not easy to do in FG like 5E's treasure tables are.

Table 4.3 is set to Chat output by default, because all of those are text output tables. Most of the items it mentions do not exist by default in M&T and there is currently no "Forge" mechanism in the C&C ruleset to "create" magic items. The intention is just like IRL, the GM would roll the tables and create the item data. Otherwise I would have to spend the time (and take up database space/memory) creating every possible combination of magic weapons.

If the expectation was given to the player to browse tables by group, I don't personally think it would be a problem - all the intermediary tables would be hidden. It would be messy when it's set to "All", but in my mind those inclined to game master are not going to be put-off by this initial clutter, when they understand it's necessary for automation. Regardless, I don't mind, so I'll get to work. Thanks for the quick response!
    Last edited by intervolver; December 11th, 2018 at 23:22.

As long as were in this general area...

If you drag a map to the NOTES section of an encounter, it will correctly link up. But it doesn't seem to hold on to it; I noticed in an exported module that the links were gone (not sure when they fell out). I thought that I could be clever and include the encounter map in the encounter. Anyhow, disallowing the link to form up would be ok; just as long as you end up with that it appears you should have. (I had to go back and relink into the maps elsewhere.)

Yeah, I really just put that in there for text description of the encounter, possible GM tactics notes, and links to treasure parcels. I'm not sure that the map links will survive the copy to a module unless the map is also included in that module (but I have not tested that scenario - didn't think about people wanting that...)

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Yeah, I really just put that in there for text description of the encounter, possible GM tactics notes, and links to treasure parcels. I'm not sure that the map links will survive the copy to a module unless the map is also included in that module (but I have not tested that scenario - didn't think about people wanting that...)
    It is a super tidy way to build an encounter, but obviously not the usual method.

Tim

Thread Information