FG Spreadshirt Swag

Gifting from FG Store

Question might have been asked before but is it possible to gift an item in the FG store by buying a new copy? Meaning, purchase again with a separate order so my copy is not removed.

Thanks Damned for the response.

So it does not appear the store has the functionality I would need. I purchased a mod, would like to keep my copy, and would I like to purchase another copy to gift. Does not appear to be possible.

Might be something the web developers for the store might want to add. Missing out on sales.

You can absolutely do it. Make your purchase for what you want to gift. Then go to your sales history and then find the purchase you made. Go to that purchase and you can gift it to another forum user name. The downside is you cannot do it without the recipient’s knowledge because they must register for a forum account. I have done it twice ao I promise it works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    You can absolutely do it. Make your purchase for what you want to gift. Then go to your sales history and then find the purchase you made. Go to that purchase and you can gift it to another forum user name. The downside is you cannot do it without the recipient’s knowledge because they must register for a forum account. I have done it twice ao I promise it works.
    It doesnt work for DLC that you already own (unless you have owned it for less than 7 days and want to gift that copy) as the Store wont sell you DLC that you already own.

You can purchase a product you already own (and then gift the new purchase) by the following:
    1) go to the store page
    2) Scroll down to the “Search for Fantasy Grounds add ons” field (just below the “Top Sellers” section).
    3) Type in the name of the product and click the magnifying glass icon to the right to search.
    4) The item will be listed below the search field showing that you own in, but the “Top Sellers for Selection” above the search field should show the product with the buy button. So you can add it to your cart, follow through the order process and then gift this order from the order history page.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can purchase a product you already own (and then gift the new purchase) by the following:
    1) go to the store page
    2) Scroll down to the “Search for Fantasy Grounds add ons” field (just below the “Top Sellers” section).
    3) Type in the name of the product and click the magnifying glass icon to the right to search.
    4) The item will be listed below the search field showing that you own in, but the “Top Sellers for Selection” above the search field should show the product with the buy button. So you can add it to your cart, follow through the order process and then gift this order from the order history page.
    The AI is also a Haxor!

Thanks Trenloe, that works.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It doesnt work for DLC that you already own (unless you have owned it for less than 7 days and want to gift that copy) as the Store wont sell you DLC that you already own.
    Well, I have never tried to do that. Good to know. All my gifting has been FG licenses of one kind or another. Sorry to have misinformed folks, but it looks like Trenloe knows a (very arcane) solution.

Thread Information