DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for someone to review my Dragonlance products on DmsGuild

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a few people to review my Fantasy Grounds products I sell on the DMsGuild. I make Dragonlance Conversion Modules of the 1st edition paperbacks into 5th edition. I have made DL1 Dragons of Despair and DL2 Dragons of Flame so far. My products are structures of the original modules (no copyright) that include encounters, random encounters, NPCs, parcels, items, spells, two new races, two new classes, new background, pre-generated heroes, multitudes of accurately recreated maps, and more. It also comes with a complete outline of story pages for every story event and chapter; included in these story pages are links to everything mentioned earlier. So, if someone wants to play on of my modules, the only thing they have to do is buy the PDF of the original 1st edition module and paste in the story into the pre-made story pages. This takes 1-3 days, but even if you made yours from scratch you would have to do this part. Then that person can play. Depending on the person, my modules can save 1-3 weeks of work (especially after you see all the maps) instead of being made by scratch. My goal is to convert all of DL1-DL16.

There’s a catch. In order to sell on DMsGuild, it cannot take place in the world of Krynn. I had to convert it into Forgotten Realms. But don’t let that scare you (or tick you off), because once you explore my product, you’ll see that if someone truly wanted to play this in Krynn, it would take no more than 30 minutes of modifications.

So, if you’re interested, please give a reply just with a quick explanation on why you’d like to review these products and whether you’ve given any other reviews before. I’m honestly looking for authentic reviews, not free handouts for a 5-star. And, of course, I will give a complimentary copy for you to review. I appreciate your help. Below is a link to my first product for better understanding. Thank you.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/249...ons-of-Despair

The link seems to be broken

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    The link seems to be broken
    Works fine for me if I click on the link. I’m assuming you’re copying the text of the link as shown in the post and then pasting into a browser? If so, don’t copy/paste the text as seen in the forum - the forum shortens the display of long links (see the three dots ... in the middle). Click on the link or right-click -> copy link, and then paste into a browser.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Works fine for me if I click on the link.
    Yep, same here.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Sorry, as you said. I used to directly tap on it using my smart phone, and it did not open. Doing so as Trenloe described is working. Thx.

I bought them, but I have not had much of a chance to read through them or play them, probably after Christmas before I get the chance. I would run it in Krynn if/when I run the series, it's a shame they haven't opened the other settings for use on the DMsGuild.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    I bought them, but I have not had much of a chance to read through them or play them, probably after Christmas before I get the chance. I would run it in Krynn if/when I run the series, it's a shame they haven't opened the other settings for use on the DMsGuild.
    Thank you for your support! I would love WotC to produce Dragonlance again. I’d immediately turn my products back into the world of Krynn. I just took my newest conversion of DL1 and turned it into a fully working module in Krynn. Converting it to Krynn only took 30 minutes or so. Making it a full module took 2 days of pasting in the story. I plan to DM it in January and stream it on Twitch. I never see Dragonlance campaigns on Twitch so hopefully people will watch.
    Thanks again!

Let me know when you do, I don't see much love for any of the older settings on Twitch and I'll watch. I've been toying with the idea of doing the campaign starting at first level with the players creating their own characters, then I'd intertwine various npc's with them. Let them have 3-4 adventures before they go off on their 5 year journey, let Kit and one of the pc's grow close, then when she doesn't show up they would be more interested ... then when she DOES show up! I'd love to see how different pc's would interplay with each other, especially if I could find a group that would really get into the roleplay - Critical Role like! How would the story grow if you had a strong lawful good scholarly wizard?

For those not knowing Dragonlance, the adventures were planned to be played with a cast of pre defined characters. Some events are scripted to those, therefore generating characters from scratch might not be the ideal fit.

Yes, I know Dragonlance, you do not have to use the pc's provided. If you look at the 3rd edition books they talk about how to fit in your own pc's. Even 1st edition you didn't have to use them, events happen as they happen. If you railroad them that much you're not actually playing the game just reciting the novels.

Thread Information