5E Character Create Playlist
Page 31 of 53 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeef2112 View Post
    ... According to Sage Advice a multiclass Druid / Monk or Druid / Barbarian can use the higher of monster AC or appropriate unarmed AC calculation.

Any chance this can be fixed?
    Please attach a link to the Sage Advice post you’re talking about...

And maybe it can be added. Trying to implement every possible variation of multiclass is out of the scope of modifications I am willing to entertain. So it depends. Let me look at the S.A. column.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Please attach a link to the Sage Advice post you’re talking about...

And maybe it can be added. Trying to implement every possible variation of multiclass is out of the scope of modifications I am willing to entertain. So it depends. Let me look at the S.A. column.
    It can be found in the Sage Advice compendium on D&D Beyond or on the D&D official site. It's in the Character Creation section when it talks about AC. I've pasted the section below for reference and bolded the relevant text.

Character Creation
    How do you calculate a creature’s Armor Class (AC)?
    Chapter 1 of the Player’s Handbook describes how to determine AC, yet AC calculations generate questions frequently. That fact isn’t too surprising, given the number of ways the game gives you to change your AC! Here are some ways to calculate your base AC:

Unarmored: 10 + your Dexterity modifier.

Armored: Use the AC entry for the armor you’re wearing (see PHB, "Armor and Shields"). For example, in leather armor, you calculate your AC as 11 + your Dexterity modifier, and in chain mail, your AC is simply 16.

Unarmored Defense (Barbarian): 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier.

Unarmored Defense (Monk): 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.

Draconic Resilience (Sorcerer): 13 + your Dexterity modifier.

Natural Armor: 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your natural armor bonus. This is a calculation method typically used only by monsters and NPCs, although it is also relevant to a druid or another character who assumes a form that has natural armor.

These methods — along with any others that give you a formula for calculating your AC — are mutually exclusive; you can benefit from only one at a time. If you have access to more than one, you pick which one to use. For example, if you’re a sorcerer/monk, you can use either Unarmored Defense or Draconic Resilience, not both. Similarly, a druid/ barbarian who transforms into a beast form that has natural armor can use either the beast’s natural armor or Unarmored Defense (you aren’t considered to be wearing armor when you use natural armor).

What about a shield? A shield increases your AC by 2 while you use it. For example, if you’re unarmored and use a shield, your AC is 12 + your Dexterity modifier. Keep in mind that some AC calculations, such as a monk’s Unarmored Defense, prohibit the use of a shield.

Once you have your base AC, it can be temporarily modified by situational bonuses and penalties. For instance, having half cover gives you a +2 bonus to your AC, and three-quarters cover gives a +5 bonus. Spells sometimes modify AC as well. Shield of faith, for example, grants a target a +2 bonus to AC until the spell ends.

Magic items can also enhance your AC. Here are a few examples: +1 chain mail gives you an AC of 17, a ring of protection gives you a +1 bonus to AC no matter what you’re wearing, and bracers of defense grant you a +2 bonus to AC if you’re not wearing armor or using a shield.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    So I'd like a feature request to
    1) implement polymorph full rules
    2) implement sculptor of flesh check
    3) add FG options to treat either polymorph or sculptor of flesh like wildshape for the stat change arithmetic as variant rules.
    First. I’m not entertaining “feature requests”.
    Second. I have already rejected supporting polymorph (over a year ago). Though I’m rethinking this.
    Third. Adding in variant rule support is quite likely never going to happen.

Sorry about this. But DWSI is not a job. This project is in my rear view mirror now. I’ve moved on. As FG gets updated and Smiteworks’ changes the rulesets, if those changes break my extension, I’ll probably fix it, but other than that ...

Hi, I'm having a little trouble getting your extension working on the lastest FGU version. I'm dragging a stat block onto the sheet but nothing is happening. Are you aware of any incompatibilities with other extensions? I have a bunch of others installed. Any suggestions? Heres a screenshot demonstrating the issue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunB View Post
    Hi, I'm having a little trouble getting your extension working on the lastest FGU version. I'm dragging a stat block onto the sheet but nothing is happening. Are you aware of any incompatibilities with other extensions? I have a bunch of others installed. Any suggestions? Heres a screenshot demonstrating the issue
    1) are you sure you have the right version of DWSI? There is one for FG Classic and one for FG Unity. (I can’t remember, but I think the FGU version announces itself as such, the version you’re running did not.) The FGU version is posted in post #195 of this thread (as stated in post one.)

2) your marked up post implies that you dropped the cat on to the name field of the character sheet. Is that accurate? That’s exactly where you should drop the NPC. If you drop it on the portrait field of the character sheet the extension fails.

3) only load the DWSI, no other extensions, just mine. Does it work then? If so then there are incompatible extensions. Follow this link and read post #18 to figure out which ones are incompatible.

4) were any errors reported in the console?

Ahh yeah I had the FGC version installed. Sorry for missing that in the first post. Thanks for your reply, its working great now that I have the right version installed.

Hello,

Thank you very much for building this! i was able to get it working while testing before my campaign kicked off but now even though the extension seems to load without error during load campaign the functionality does not work. for instance we have a level 2 druid with wild shape and when he or I try to drag for instance a rat or a boar from the NPC library onto his character sheet it does not alter the sheet. Maybe I am doing something wrong, the only other extension i have loaded is the death indicator extension

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sagara626 View Post
    ... the functionality does not work. for instance we have a level 2 druid with wild shape and when he or I try to drag for instance a rat or a boar from the NPC library onto his character sheet it does not alter the sheet. Maybe I am doing something wrong, the only other extension i have loaded is the death indicator extension
    First: Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity? If you're using FGU, you must use the Unity version of DWSI that is posted in post #195 of this thread.

Second: Did you try running DWSI by itself, without any other extensions running? Does it work then? Or are you still having issues?

Third: Where are you, or your player, dropping the beast NPC? It must be dropped on the PC's name field, at the top of the character sheet

Fourth: Are there any warnings or errors displayed in the chat window when you, or your player, drop the beast NPC on the character sheet?

Thank you for the response. I am using Unity, I will grab the Unity version you mentioned and test again right now.

I did try running just the Wild Shape extension previously and it did not work.

I/we are dropping the beast onto the name field.

I noticed an error during game launch about an XML issue with the extension. Most likely because I am running Unity.

I will test again soon and respond, thank you very much for the response.

And just like that it works!

after changing to the Unity version it worked perfect, alongside the other extension I run as well.

Thank you once again for your assistance and for building this!

Thread Information