DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 53 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last

Blog Entries
    New FGU version released. Fixes Combat Tracker icon/token issue reported by Houndy. It is available in post #195 of this thread. Please make sure you're using the proper version "v0.0.12 B". If there are other problems let me know. I'll try to get them fixed in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    New FGU version released. Fixes Combat Tracker icon/token issue reported by Houndy. It is available in post #195 of this thread. Please make sure you're using the proper version "v0.0.12 B". If there are other problems let me know. I'll try to get them fixed in a timely manner.
    Thank you MintyFresh! I will be testing this out today!

i just updated the extension and it seems to be working. thank you very much for doing this so quickly, minty!

Just loaded it up for my sons druid, I got this error message for the extension

[4/4/2020 10:31:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading extension XML file. [DWSI_v0.0.10] [DWS/campaign/DWS_record_char_main.xml]: An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 38, position 17.

This type of error seems common in extensions and i cant work out what is wrong with the code, it looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Naroe View Post
    Just loaded it up for my sons druid, I got this error message for the extension

[4/4/2020 10:31:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading extension XML file. [DWSI_v0.0.10] [DWS/campaign/DWS_record_char_main.xml]: An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 38, position 17.

This type of error seems common in extensions and i cant work out what is wrong with the code, it looks fine to me.
    Go to post 195. There's a FGU specific version, and that comment is one I've seen from FGU because they've got a slightly different XML interpreter.

Actually I do understand it now (blind as a bat i should read what the error mesage was saying rather than looking at the code and going whats wrong with that), dont think this was an issue in FGC for commenting, comments were comments and ignored as far as i could tell.

Line 38-41 in DWS_record_char_main.xml even though they are in a comments section, the -- causes a problem in FGU

--[[ because of OOB in DWS_manager_wildshapes.lua, this function cannot ascertain ]]
    --[[ whether or not the character is Wild Shaped, just let WildShapeManager figure it out ]]
    --[[ also, this function is only executed by host, if the char sheet is open on host ]]
    --[[ to prevent revert timing issues, only revert from here if not host, host must force revert if it needs it ]]

I deleted them in the extension and all loaded no errors

Bad when you reply to your own Posts. FacePalm

Blog Entries
    @Naroe if you’re using this extension with FGU please use the version posted in #195 of this thread. If you go in and hack the FGC versión posted in #1, you’ll still get errors as reported by houndy in #196. (Unless of course, you enjoy troubleshooting code instead of using the extension. )

At the time didn't realize there was an updated version from the one at the start of thread. Now using the updated one, but also learned a bit about the new xml requirements by looking at the original one and eliminating the error.

I enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting, lets you see how others are coding.

Love the extension, but found an issue.

FGU, using the FGU version from post 195 (Grabbed it about an hour ago). Was able to wildshape with no issue, and back on damage. However, the Spells and Wild Shape powers sections on the Actions tab of the druid both are both showing the Delete icon, even when the edit button is not enabled on the page. I can't seem to get this delete button to go, meaning that the Spells group can be deleted even when the Actions page is set with edit turned off.

The druid was the only character thus affected. I also have 5E Enhancer v0.8.0 and Advanced Effects v4.2 loaded at this time.

I have tried the following to no success:
    Toggling the edit button in the lower right
    Closing and reopening the character sheet
    Releasing control of the character and retaking the character
    Removing character from combat tracker and readding
    Remove character from CT, release control, clear owner, retake control and readd to CT
    Remove char from CT and token from map (Removing from CT did not remove token from map), clear owner, retake control
    Disconnected from Host. Restarted both Host and Client (Local for testing)

Thread Information