STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 53 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogel View Post
    No problem. I'll leave the video up for you until you don't need it.
    I'm done. I won't need the video any more. Again thank you. The video idea was brilliant. When users of my extensions have difficulties, I'm going to suggest that they make a video for me. I can follow the exact steps needed to observe and repeat the problem.

As far as this issue is concerned. It was a momentary lack of logical thinking on my part. The warning message is simply inappropriate. As near as I can tell, the functionality is correct: the item is moved to the new group and if the library is not the NPC library, the items (and group) are not shared.

In other words I put a warning message that is not needed into my code. You can simply ignore the warning message. If that is irksome to you. I have attached v0.0.11 to this post, an interim release or patch, as it were. Releasing this as mainline (in post one of this thread) and having everyone update, seems over the top to me. I'll add a caveat/know issue to post five of the thread, with a mention of this fix.

As far as the other problem is concerned, I could not repeat the issue. If you see it again, please let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've worked in the IT field for over a decade now. I've found it's generally the best way to see what's happening short of actually observing the system first hand.

Again, not a problem at all. Just glad I could help!
    AKA Mech45

Ultimate License Holder GM

Games played can be seen here:
    d20Enclave Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/d20enclave
    d20Enclave YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@d20enclave
    d20Enclave Discord: https://discord.com/invite/HSuvJns

This is so beautifully implemented! I whish I could pay you for this incredible extension.

Unfortunately, I'm moving to Unity. I tested the extension in Unity and, of course, it not worked. Do you plan to adapt it to Unity?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lbkoerich View Post
    ...beautifully implemented...
    Thank you very much, I appreciate it...

...I wish I could pay you for this incredible extension..
    Again thanks, but it’s just something I wanted to share. $ just muddies the water.

...I'm moving to Unity. I tested the extension in Unity and, of course, it not worked. Do you plan to adapt it to Unity?
    I’m sure I’ll be moving to Unity also. Thanks for letting me know about the incompatibility. I too figured as much. I hope to migrate it to Unity.

The unfortunate aspect on my end is, there are so many other things I want to do, and am doing, that migrating my extensions yet again to a Fantasy Grounds update is pretty much at the bottom of the list. It is so unfulfilling, and mind numbingly boring. But that rant verbalized, I’ll obviously have to move this up on the priority list.

Unlike many, I am not anxiously awaiting FGU’s release so I haven’t been keeping track. It’s here when it’s here. So when is the projected release?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Unlike many, I am not anxiously awaiting FGU’s release so I haven’t been keeping track. It’s here when it’s here. So when is the projected release?
    2020. Don't know more than that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    2020. Don't know more than that.
    Thank you Sir. I simply cannot expect a more reputable source than you.

Perhaps this is intended functionality, but when I tested this in my game, the NPCs were shared correctly, but the player could not see the Group name. He just saw NPCs on his side. Is that how this is intended, and if so, is it possible to make it so that the player sees the group as well? The reason is, I have the Player's Handbook, and the player could then see both the Player's Handbook versions of the creatures as well as the shared DWS versions I created (with appropriate tokens). I'd like for him to be able to choose to see just the shared creatures, to avoid switching into the wrong ones.

Blog Entries
    @Gozer the Gozerian
    I recall seeing this behavior when I first added the “sharing” enhancement. It’s the “default” behavior, meaning I didn’t purposely design it that way, it’s just the way Fantasy Grounds shares the NPCs with the client. At the time this seemed okay with me. I can’t recall, if the DM shares say both the Player’s Handbook and the Monster Manual with their players, are the NPCs grouped separately? It seems to me as though groups might not exist on the client end. (I could very well be wrong, I just don’t recall.) Anyway if I’m guessing correctly that groups don’t exist on the client, they’re just available to the DM, then it might be a difficult option to effect. I’ll look into it.

Ok, that makes sense then. The player said that he didn't see any groups. I believe that they were sorted alphabetically. If that's the case, I can come up with a workaround, such as putting an asterisk in the name or something that would be visible on his end to tell the NPCs apart. Thanks for the reply.

Blog Entries
    @Gozer the Gozerian
    Okay. What I said in post #148 of this thread is mostly untrue... Mostly.

To start, it appears as though the only book that automatically shares NPCs with the players is the Player's Handbook. All of the other books that I own, which is not extensive, do not wholesale share NPCs with the players (which makes sense). And, more importantly, the player (client) does have groups in their copy of the NPC library.

As noted, the "DWS: …" group defined by the DM does not show up in the client's NPC library. However, given my limited investigation of this issue, it doesn't seem to me to be of sufficient magnitude for me to add the code to DWSI to implement it. The following screenshot will hopefully explain why.

Untitled.png
    Explanation: This is the player's (client's) copy of the NPC's library. The Player's Handbook is available to the player, and the player has accessed it. As the DM I shared the Allosaurus NPC with the player (using DWSI's functionality). There is a default segregation of the shared NPCs: the PHB group and the New group. The Allosaurus belongs to the "New" group - though it is unlabeled. If the player wishes to access only the "DWS: …" shared NPCs they can select the "New" Group. This will display only the "DWS: …" shared NPCs.

A "shortsightedness" does exist though. If the DM were to share NPCs for different reasons, a set for DWSI and another set of NPCs for something else specific to the campaign, all the shared NPCs other than those from the PHB would be clumped into the New group. For instance I shared the Allosaurus in Dragon Heist with the player (just dragging the Allosaurus on to the player's icon) and there is no distinction between the two.

Thread Information