DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 53 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Hey Minty, I'm running a game with a friend who's playing a Moon Druid. We downloaded the EXT file, moved it into the 'extensions' folder of the FG Data section, but when he grabs the icon from the stat block of a creature and drops it into his character sheet nothing is happening. Is there anything we need to do to activate the extension? Or maybe something obvious we're missing? Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by kpackan View Post
    Hey Minty, I'm running a game with a friend who's playing a Moon Druid. We downloaded the EXT file, moved it into the 'extensions' folder of the FG Data section, but when he grabs the icon from the stat block of a creature and drops it into his character sheet nothing is happening. Is there anything we need to do to activate the extension? Or maybe something obvious we're missing? Thanks for the help!
    Yes, when you load the table, you need to make sure the extension is checked as one of the extensions that is loading with the table.

Capture.JPG

Another possibility is if you are dragging the wrong "tag" to the character sheet

If I recall correctly, you need to drag the "square" monster stat block and drop it on the token area of the character sheet
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by kpackan View Post
    Drag and drop into the NAME of the character. it'll change instantly. It works for me.

I'm not sure this has been addressed before, but I didn't see it in the known bugs. Whenever I move an image to another group, or use the encounter tool to add enemies to the combat tracker I get an error message. The image still moves groups, but when using the encounter tool the enemies' tokens are not placed on the map.

The error is:
    s'Functionality only allowed in NPC recordset library.

I went through my extension list and disabled everything, and tested them all individually. Yours is the only one I had this issue with.

I love the extension btw.
    AKA Mech45

Ultimate License Holder GM

Games played can be seen here:
    d20Enclave Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/d20enclave
    d20Enclave YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@d20enclave
    d20Enclave Discord: https://discord.com/invite/HSuvJns

Blog Entries
    @Yogel I apologize up front, but from your description I cannot get a complete handle on what you're attempting to do. Let me break it down, get some answers from you and then see if I can come up to speed and address your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogel View Post
    Whenever I move an image to another group, ...
    DWSI doesn't manipulate images, it uses NPC library stat blocks to manipulate the player's character sheet. Are you saying that you are using the NPC Library to share NPCs with one of your players? That you're using DWSI's new functionality, which creates copies of NPCs, it doesn't move them, and puts the copy in a special NPC Group that is uses to share the NPC stat blocks with a designated player?

... or use the encounter tool to add enemies to the combat tracker I get an error message. The image still moves groups, but when using the encounter tool the enemies' tokens are not placed on the map.
    When you built the encounters in the encounter tool did you use the shared player's copy of the NPC or did you use NPC copy that is still in the Monster Manual (or Adventure Module)? If you built your encounter with the player shared copy then it doesn't surprise me that you received the error you mention.

The above also seems to me to be irrelevant. You as the DM would never put the NPC that the Druid will Wild Shape into the combat tracker or on the map. You put the player's Druid into those venues. The DWSI extension then takes care of changing the Druid's icon in both the combat tracker and on the map from the Druid token to the beast token when the Druid Wild Shapes and back again when the Druid reverts.

The error is: Functionality only allowed in NPC recordset library.
    This is actually a warning message, not an error message. It is telling you that whatever you're doing is not allowed. It is the wrong way to do what ever you're tring to accomplish. An example would be dragging a beast from the combat tracker, or the encounter tool on to the player's character sheet, in an attempt to Wild Shape the character. Another example would be trying to drag an NPC link from the story block of an adventure module, from the combat tracker or from anywhere other than the NPC Library when trying to share the NPC with your player. In all cases, the message is telling you that that can only be done in the NPC Library window.

Blog Entries
    @kpackan
    Did the troubleshooting suggestions put forth by Tyrannosaurus VeX, donpaulo, and Henrique Oliveira Machado help you get going?

As they detail, the extension must be properly loaded, the source data and destination target all have to correct.

As far as the encounters, I was using the built in encounters for Lost Mines. I tried recreating this in a fresh game, but it worked just fine, so no sure what's going on there. The other issue though I think it's best I just show you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vh...ew?usp=sharing

That is a link to a video explanation of what's going on.
    AKA Mech45

Blog Entries
    @Yogel Thanks. That video really helped. I fully understand now. That is a bug. I’ll look into it. Thanks again
    (If you would, please leave the video on the Google share for a couple weeks. I’m pretty busy right now and I will undoubted want to refer to it again a couple times.)

No problem. I'll leave the video up for you until you don't need it.
    AKA Mech45

Thread Information