5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 26 of 53 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    ... I found if you ... manually add a Druid [class] ...
    Brilliant work around Bonkon!
    (For Bonkon's complete description see the previous post, #250)

For other cheats and work arounds, see post #106 (page 11) of this thread.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; May 13th, 2020 at 16:23.

HI! i load a old campaign from FG to FGU, i download the new version 12 B for use in the UNity, but whem i open the druids sheet apeears in the log:error.png

Blog Entries
    @FredHurin.

From the screen shot I see that you have multiple extensions loaded. Are you truly using them all? For instance you have several decals loaded. Typically one uses only one decal in a session, unless you like to switch between decals during the session. Many other posts in these forums suggest that the DM only load those extensions that you are really using. One of the biggest problems with multiple loaded extensions, especially if they're by different authors, is, we typically develop our extensions independent of what other authors are doing. This can cause conflicts as one author's extension stomps on one or more of the other loaded extensions.

In the screenshot you have provided, the third statement (a warning) indicates to me that this might be exactly what is going on. The DWSI extension was loaded, then one of the subsequent extensions loaded and overwrote some part of DWSI. When code in the DWSI was called, code that was no longer available, because references to it have been overwritten, FG throws the error shown in the console (second line from the bottom).

In order for me to figure out what the issue is, I need a few things from you.
    1) start by running FG with no extensions loaded, does the error occur?
    2) if not, load only DWSI, does the error occur?
    3) if not, load DWSI and one other extension, does the error occur?
    4) repeat step three until you find the two extensions, DWSI and one other, that don't work well with one another. It is unlikely that it will be one of the decals, so I would try them last.

When you find the extensions that are in conflict, let me know, and I can go from there.

HI again!! Thanks a lot for your help! it was the Local dice tower extension there are in conflict!!(LTDE)

Blog Entries
    @FredHurin
    Both LDTE and DWSI are my extensions, thanks for using them and thank you for letting me know that there is a conflict in FGU that does not exist in FGC.

I have narrowed it down to the order in which the two extensions are loaded. But at this time I cannot fix it, but I do have a work around (I believe).

The reason I cannot fix the issue is an error in FGU and, evidently, FGC, in the handling of the “loadorder” as reported by deff in this thread. deff mentions that he believes extensions load in alphabetical order. I have verified his theory to be accurate and believe he is correct.

So FredHurin if you just rename the Druid Wild Shapes extension so that it will be alphabetically after the Local Dice Tower Extension I think you’ll be able to use them both. (Something like “mDWSI_v0.0.12_B_FGU.ext” should work.)
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thanks for making this extension! (And looking forward to seeing what is in store for the bardic inspiration extension)
    Trying it out tonight in my FGU campaign, as my brand new party gets to LVL2.

Good day Minty23185Fresh!

An item from play testing in Unity. For maps that have LOS defined, using the Wildshape extension seems to cause the client to 'reset' its LOS state. (Even if the LOS is not 'enabled' on the map.) My druid has been saying that everytime I shift her, she loses all the explored areas of the map, and when I move her, she can see the immediate area but not where she has been. (Consistent with an LOS reset.) Believe this has been consistent both for shifting too and shifting back from wildshape.

However, an interesting new twist on this came up last night. When I was assigning everyone temp hitpoints, everyone lost their LOS state upon being assigned temp hit points. (Even my non-druids.) I watched this happen on my end, as I had both a client and server running, and as soon as I assigned temp HP to the local character, the map lost all visibility. And while this map had LOS definitions defined, the LOS was not enabled.) - Note, I did try to recreate this in a vanilla instance without the extension, and I could not, so I am thinking this is extension related.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide, and if I can do something on my end please let me know.

Depending on how this extension works when you shapeshift you are effectively removing the existing character (so losing LoS) and placing a new one on the map (so gaining local LoS).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Could this be fixed by assigning the Druid to control multiple characters so that LoS explored areas are kept visible?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorg Jorshwin View Post
    Could this be fixed by assigning the Druid to control multiple characters so that LoS explored areas are kept visible?
    Don't believe so? I had party vision on at the time (another player has to control a familiar), and it still happened.

Thread Information