5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

5E Basic Action Tracker

This simple tracker allows players to keep track of what actions they have taken this turn - Move, Action, Bonus Action and Reaction. Simple icons are added at the bottom of the Characters Action Tab. It is a fully manual process - there is no Automation. If a player wishes to use this to track their actions they can, otherwise they can ignore it.

Click on Move, Action, Bonus or Reaction to "Use". Move has an additional state - Move - Partly Used.

Use the Reset button at the beginning of your turn to reset all actions to unused.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/851/view

Nice work. Everything seems to be working. I did notice the reset button is overlapping Bratch9's DPR ext:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tion-Extension

Also, have you given any thought to having the buttons automatically reset at the top of the turn (for the player) in addition to the reset button?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work!
    Mind if I release an implementation of this idea for 3.5e/PFRPG?

Blog Entries
    Not at all. Go for it Zarestia.

nephranka I cant see a way to do the rest on turn without doing things that will likely interfere with other combat extensions that do much more than this one does...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Not at all. Go for it Zarestia.

nephranka I cant see a way to do the rest on turn without doing things that will likely interfere with other combat extensions that do much more than this one does...
    I totally get it. It was more of a nice to have. The button placement and B9's ext, on the other hand, are not able to work together presently.

Blog Entries
    I might have to build a separate version that would accommodate Bratch9s extension.
    I had to already move the existing 5E icons to fit the new icons in.

We took it out for a spin tonight and it seems to be working fine. I turned of B9's ext for the test. One request from the players, I told them I would pass along, is could you add a 'C' so they could track concentration spells? Maybe not include it in the reset button so you have to toggle it manually. That way you can still use the other buttons each turn but not reset your concentration until you need too. Just a thought.

Blog Entries
    I can do that. I will need to shrink some other things to make it fit or I might have to move it elsewhere on the page. I wont get to look at it until the weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    We took it out for a spin tonight and it seems to be working fine. I turned of B9's ext for the test. One request from the players, I told them I would pass along, is could you add a 'C' so they could track concentration spells? Maybe not include it in the reset button so you have to toggle it manually. That way you can still use the other buttons each turn but not reset your concentration until you need too. Just a thought.
    What would the options be for Concentration?

Ive got 3 states - Concentration Active, Concentration Broken, Concentration Unused

ActionTrackerNew.png
    ActionTrackerIcons.png

That seems about right. Not sure how much the broken state will be used. They will most likely turn in on and off as things happen. Could be our play style more than anything.

Thread Information