5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Pushing GM Effects table to players

I recently adjusted my Effects table quite a bit but those changes have not passed out to my players, and it has been a few sessions now. How do you trigger this type of update?

You will need to explain that a bit more. What kind of table (rollable, story)? what kind of effects are we talking about? Why should your players see these effects? What ruleset are we talking about?

Assuming rollable or story entries you can share those with your players. If you are talking about the effects dialog accessed from the top right menu, players will see those automatically unless you have clicked the closed eye icon to hide them. This also assumes 5e ruleset.

But more information please, would be helpful.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't think he is talking about a rollable table but about the Effects tab you can access in the upper right.

So the question is probably: If I add new Effects to my game I want my players to assign - what do I need to do.

First thing which comes to mind: Are those effects viewable for Players?

There is a visibility toggle next to each effect line on the GM side, that allows GMs to decide which effects to share with the players.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You will need to explain that a bit more. What kind of table (rollable, story)? what kind of effects are we talking about? Why should your players see these effects? What ruleset are we talking about?

Assuming rollable or story entries you can share those with your players. If you are talking about the effects dialog accessed from the top right menu, players will see those automatically unless you have clicked the closed eye icon to hide them. This also assumes 5e ruleset.

But more information please, would be helpful.
    The EFFECTS table, the built into nearly all versions of FG as far as I have seen... Modifiers Table, Effects Table etc. Accessed from one of the eight buttons in the top right. Anyway my thinking currently is that this table might be user based, not one that is pushed out by the system from a central GM. Is there a way to export my table and send it to players to import?

Will check the visibility next session. However in my Savage Worlds game I altered all the spell durations to 5 rnds (as per the new version) but this hasn't passed to my players?

The campaign effects data list is controlled by the GM, but you need to decide which effects in the list the players can view. See post #4 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    The EFFECTS table, the built into nearly all versions of FG as far as I have seen... Modifiers Table, Effects Table etc. Accessed from one of the eight buttons in the top right. Anyway my thinking currently is that this table might be user based, not one that is pushed out by the system from a central GM. Is there a way to export my table and send it to players to import?

Will check the visibility next session. However in my Savage Worlds game I altered all the spell durations to 5 rnds (as per the new version) but this hasn't passed to my players?
    Some screen shots will help us resolve the issue with you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think the mix up may just be terminology. In FG a table is either a rollable one or a table in a story entry. I think what you are talking about is the list of effects accessed via the effects button. These effects are as noted above automatically visible to your players unless you have clicked the visibility button to make them invisible. If that is not happening then there may be an issue with your installation. We’ll wait for you to check the visibility issue before we look further.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have a similar problem in my Savage Worlds game. I didn't like Cover being an effect since it can vary from shooter to shooter depending on the angle of the shot (ex. Medium cover head on, only light cover when flanked.) So I created modifiers and deleted the effects; however, my players don't see the modifiers and still see the effects.
    FantasyGrounds_2018-11-29_07-24-20.png FantasyGrounds_2018-11-29_07-24-36.png

That's an odd one. It looks like the lists are not updating on the player side. I wasn't able to recreate in CoreRPG or 5E, so I've also sent a note to Ikael to see if there is something unique in SW. Can you recreate this issue again?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information