DICE PACKS BUNDLE

More port forwarding problems.

I love Fantasy Grounds, but this port forwarding is a pain in the ***. I've been using Zero Tier effectively to get around the port 1802 issue, because I live in a public building and router access is difficult. But it's an extra hoop for my players to jump through.

So, after finally talking IT into giving me access to the building router, I tried port forwarding 1802 to my internal IP address. Still no luck. There is only one router involved, but we have a security camera system attached to the router at the same time. This shouldn't be a problem, as far as I understand, because the DVR box isn't its own router--it's just another device. There are many devices on the network--phones, other computers etc. In 2018 that is what routers do.

I'll post pics below to show my set-up.

I've posted in Discord and the only response I got was, in essence, "Oh boy, you have a DVR attached to the router? Don't know what that is but it might be the problem." Then silence.

I get that the port 1802 requirement is clearly stated in the FAQ prior to buying. But I CAN forward to port 1802 as required. I know there are a million threads on this issue. Maybe FG will finally listen to one of them.

Anyway, if anyone can help...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paperpixelgames View Post
    I love Fantasy Grounds, but this port forwarding is a pain in the ***. I've been using Zero Tier effectively to get around the port 1802 issue, because I live in a public building and router access is difficult. But it's an extra hoop for my players to jump through.

So, after finally talking IT into giving me access to the building router, I tried port forwarding 1802 to my internal IP address. Still no luck. There is only one router involved, but we have a security camera system attached to the router at the same time. This shouldn't be a problem, as far as I understand, because the DVR box isn't its own router--it's just another device. There are many devices on the network--phones, other computers etc. In 2018 that is what routers do.

I'll post pics below to show my set-up.

I've posted in Discord and the only response I got was, in essence, "Oh boy, you have a DVR attached to the router? Don't know what that is but it might be the problem." Then silence.

I get that the port 1802 requirement is clearly stated in the FAQ prior to buying. But I CAN forward to port 1802 as required. I know there are a million threads on this issue. Maybe FG will finally listen to one of them.

Anyway, if anyone can help...
    If you have seen a million threads on this issue. Maybe FG will finally listen to one of them you might have also read the reason why this is required and what can or cant be done from SmiteWorks side.

Have you set your network connection to private?
    Can you post the results of tracert 8.8.8.8?
    Can you tell us what AV or software firewalls you might be using?
    Can you confirm there are no rules in Port Triggering or Port Filtering in the router?
    The Port forward rule should also only be TCP not both (although that wont stop it working).

You never did follow up that post on Discord. DVR is not something i’ve heard of hence my thinking it might have something to do with your issue. We call them DVD players; another case of two countries separated by a common language.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    A DVR is a Digital Video Recorder.
    It records the output from one or more cameras - eg its used as part of a security camera setup.

Thread Information