Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Summon Creature (Mystic) level 1 Spell

So in terms of fantasy grounds ... how does summon creature work? Our mystic has the spell she cast the spell, but how do you determine which 4 creatures she chose initially and how do you get her summoned creature into the play field and under her control

First, she should be prepared and let you know ahead of time what she wants to summon (I stress this for any of my tables because otherwise it slows down the game). That way, you can get the NPC record ready and have the record saved locally. Once the summoner casts the spell, add the proper NPC(s) to the tracker and make it(them) friendly. Then drag the NPC sheet link(s) over to the summoner's portrait and release. The summoner should be able to control the attacks and what not as long as you as the GM do not close the sheet. Afterwards, you may have to pass the turn when the summoned creature's turn is over.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Ok I created the air elemental. I have the sheet opened. I have dragged it into the combat tracker and I have set it to friendly.

I am getting lost on the next part grab the npc sheet link and drop it over the summoners portrait and release. (Which portrait) I tried the one in the combat tracker and nothing happened.

The one at the very top left of the character who summoned it(when they pick a character the one at the top left of everything.)
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I got it. But it brings up something else. How does a mystic actually cast healing channel. Its not in the actions tab and I don't see where to cast it.
    Last edited by msbranin; December 6th, 2018 at 05:39.

You would have to create the ability on the actions tab. What I do for things like this that depend on caster level is create a new spell class. Title the new spell class abilities/special actions/whatever and make sure the caster level matches your character level. It should not matter if it is a prepared spell class or a spontaneous spell class as healing channel depends entirely on your Resolve Point pool. After creating the spell class, place a number in one of the spell level boxes. It does not matter what level, as long as you get a spell level heading. Right click the new spell level heading and click on new spell. Name the new spell "Healing Channel." Right click the new healing channel spell, click on "Add Spell Action", and then click on "Add Healing." This will add a blank healing action to your Healing Channel ability. Click the magnifying glass next to HP and that will bring up the Spell/Ability Heal box. Drag 2d8 into the box and drop them. This will add a healing line. Since this healing channel does not level nicely with caster level, you will have to come back into this panel at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18 to add two more dice to the pool. Now you should be able to select your target(s) click the heal action and the healing will be automated. You will need to spend the resolve point manually, however. See the picture below.

Healing Channel.PNG
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    The summoner should be able to control the attacks and what not as long as you as the GM do not close the sheet.
    As Blahness mentionds - if the GM closes the shared NPC sheet it will close on the player side too. If this happens, to re-open the sheet on the player side, the player can double click on the summoned creature token on the map and the NPC sheet for that creature will open.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As Blahness mentionds - if the GM closes the shared NPC sheet it will close on the player side too. If this happens, to re-open the sheet on the player side, the player can double click on the summoned creature token on the map and the NPC sheet for that creature will open.
    Correct. I will have to test but I dont think there is the need to drag it to the players portrait as this action is like sharing a image to a PC its not making ownership only share. The play can just click the map Icon or the link icon on the combat tracker to ooen the NPC.
    Once a NPC is made frindly, any PC can open the NPC.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

If that is the case, that added step on the GM can be ignored. I just try to cover all bases.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Just figured out that if the player drops the sheet on a hot key they can simply open it even if the gm closes the sheet as well

Thread Information